300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chp

I was wondering if there were any other hopefuls for the California Highway Patrol academy this November?
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

I take the post test october 11th

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
      I was wondering if there were any other hopefuls for the California Highway Patrol academy this November?
      Check out www.CHPForums.com there are a number of candidates that are posting there.
      Last edited by SgtCHP; 09-04-2008, 08:20 AM.
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

I had my Psyc. Interview 2 weeks ago, now I'm just waiting....and stressing

Comment

Good luck to you. The most recent class is in its 6th week and they have already lost 20+ cadets. They started with 239 cadets and are down to 208. To read about their progress and the Senior cadet class go to this site:

http://www.chp.ca.gov/cadet/index.html

Page down to the classes 08-III and 08-II. There are photos available.
          Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

Comment

Boooooooo.... Please Please when you get off training...Never Cite cops

Comment

Originally posted by LAschoolCop View Post
              LOL... I take it you had a run in with CHP

Comment

Him and many other LEO's and CSO's (me)...lol....only cite I've ever gotten was from the CHP.
                "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." -President Ronald Reagan

Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

Who hasn't right? They will always be there when you're not paying attention. A LEO friend of mine got ticket; however, he was driving ridiculous on the toll road. He's lucky he got his speed bumped down into the double digits, lol.

I got nailed a few years back in my Camaro, but it was totally my fault. There was this car that was getting on the freeway ahead of me and I was getting impatient because we were almost halfway to the freeway (long on ramp) and he was going 30 something. So I decided to downshift and pass him because I didn't want to get hit by someone going 75+. Well, it just so happens that a CHP motor officer is at the bottom of the on ramp trying catch people coming north. I just jumped right in his lap! Needless to say he caught me going pretty fast

Anyways, good luck at the academy. It looks like a great academy according to that really nice PDF file they have - lots of good info as well. Sorry for hijacking your thread.
                  "That's the problem with people like you, George. You want results but you never want to get your hands dirty." - Jack Bauer

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."
                  - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I had my Psyc. Interview 2 weeks ago, now I'm just waiting....and stressing

I'm in the same boat with you. I had my QAP on Aug 26.
                    CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY PATROL

07-03-08 - APPLICATION ACCEPTED
                    07-18-08 - CHP RIDE-ALONG (BARSTOW AREA)
                    07-25-08 - WRITTEN TEST - PASSED
                    08-19-08 - CHP INDLAND DIVISION SEMINAR
                    08-23-08 - PHYSICAL TEST - PASSED
                    08-26-08 - QAP - PASSED (85)
                    10-03-08 - RIDE ALONG (RANCHO C. AREA)
                    01-30-09 - CHP AIR OPS TOUR (APPLE VALLEY)
                    03-30-09 - INITIAL BACKGROUND - PASSED
                    05-26-09 - CVSA - PASSED
                    05-29-09 - FINAL BACKGROUND - PASSED
                    06-06-09 - PSYCH WRITTEN
                    06-16-09 - MEDICAL
                    08-05-09 - PSYCH ORAL

Comment

Professional courtesy is a two-way street!

Comment

Originally posted by PaperWriter View Post
                        only cite I've ever gotten was from the CHP.
                        Originally posted by TWH View Post
                        Who hasn't right? They will always be there when you're not paying attention.
                        The 1 and only citation I've ever received was from the CHP. But I like to blame my wife

I am a notoriously slooooow driver. Partly, because I'm not usually in a hurry, and partly because I drive a big ol' truck that sucks down fuel. So the wife and I are driving home from grocery shopping, and I'm cruising along at my typical 5 mph under the posted speed. Mrs. Reils49, (I love her so much) starts nagging...telling me that I'm driving too slow and the milk is going to spoil and the ice cream is going to melt....etc. She wouldn't be quiet.

So I stand on the gas pedal, just to shut her up, and I feel all 8 cylinders of my 5.9L engine power up I hit the crest of the hill I was climbing, and I'm passing everybody. Feeling good now, because she's piped down, and I'm getting high on octane and the sound of an American made V-8.

Needless to say, at the top of that hill was a black & white CHP cruiser and the officer was running radar...

I pulled off to the shoulder about 1/2 mile down the road, and waited for him to pull in. Oh well, I got the cite and she got melted ice cream....and the CHP Officer, well he taught me a valuable lesson that day......

NEVER LISTEN TO MY WIFE:
                        Last edited by reils49; 09-05-2008, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Never cited...well not yet, but some of the lectures that I get and then they take my license back to the car and write something down!!

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
                            Professional courtesy is a two-way street!
                            Always sir!!! After they tell me that the are a LEO, I always say have a nice day brother and walk back to my car

Comment

Always sir!!! After they tell me that the are a LEO, I always say have a nice day brother and walk back to my car
                              Same here!!!

I'm not going to waste their time (and mine) by lecturing them like a child.....like certain other agencies seem to like to do for some reason
                              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4716 users online. 229 members and 4487 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X