Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compton Police Department, the second coming?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exComptonCop
    replied
    Originally posted by andy5746 View Post

I used to poach in Compton on a regular basis, always a good time
    I used to poach in Lynwood to get back at you!

PaperWriter,

You seem to have your finger on the pulse of the City of Compton. Last I heard, there was some type of a feasibility study in progress. I haven't spoken to any ex Compton guys in quite some time. Was it ever completed or even started?

PS, if your dad was CPD while Eric was still CPD, there's a good chance I've ridden with your dad.

Leave a comment:

• Showboat
    replied
    A lot of people out here complain about the overall quality of the deps at the station. I have never had a bad experience with any of the deputies; one-or two-man cars. I think that a 2-man car is safer anywhere, but yeah, contract cities are cheap.

And just for the record, I've never been in trouble with the law so my experience has simply been for service calls (the most recent being today at work )

Leave a comment:

• Five-0fromSoCal
    replied
    Originally posted by Showboat View Post
    Yeah, the same goes in my neighborhood (unincorporated Saugus). Actually, if they just incorporated the whole valley I think we would be better off; being affected by the city's politics and not being able to vote or do anything about it really sucks. It also really sucks if you have to do something county related and the office is on Temple Street downtown.

It's a good thing that they are planning on building more real stations. Hopefully they don't reassign everyone from the main station (which to my understanding is being expanded for both the DB and patrol) and people in custody/courts get to move out. Then there will be room for me in the deparment!
    I don't know much about SCV, but other unincorporated areas get better service I think as far as Deps goes. County areas have two man hoops. Something a contract city wont pay for.

Leave a comment:

• Showboat
    replied
    Yeah, the same goes in my neighborhood (unincorporated Saugus). Actually, if they just incorporated the whole valley I think we would be better off; being affected by the city's politics and not being able to vote or do anything about it really sucks. It also really sucks if you have to do something county related and the office is on Temple Street downtown.

It's a good thing that they are planning on building more real stations. Hopefully they don't reassign everyone from the main station (which to my understanding is being expanded for both the DB and patrol) and people in custody/courts get to move out. Then there will be room for me in the deparment!

Leave a comment:

• LA DEP
    replied
    I thought Newhall was first...o well, it doesn't matter. Is the plan to build actual stations like SCT or just lobby type areas with a jail to take reports?
    Actual stations as far as I know......Newhall is pretty close to the present station as it is......

They also need to get SCV to incorporate the Stevenson Ranch area.....the residents there REALLY dont want to know how many Deputies are presently patrolling that area (currently unincorporated county area)......

Leave a comment:

• Showboat
    replied
    Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
    Part of the problem for SCV is that it has simply become too large for one medium sized station to handle.......at least to handle in the way that the LASD is known for.

They are working to correct that in the next few years.....they are adding at least 2 more stations to the SCV.....Canyon Country will be first.....
    I thought Newhall was first...o well, it doesn't matter. Is the plan to build actual stations like SCT or just lobby type areas with a jail to take reports?

Leave a comment:

• LAschoolCop
    replied
    He did....back in the mid 90s......got his tired slashed for it too.....

I think that was around the time that he was told to 'find a new home' for a while......
    WOW thats sooo wrong!! Hes lucky he only got his tires slashed.

Leave a comment:

• LA DEP
    replied
    Originally posted by LAschoolCop View Post
    I heard that he cited other deps that were going to and from Wayside!
    He did....back in the mid 90s......got his tired slashed for it too.....

I think that was around the time that he was told to 'find a new home' for a while......

Leave a comment:

• LA DEP
    replied
    See, since I'm just a resident of the SCV with no affiliation to any department, I can see the good and bad of having a municipal PD. On one hand, it may take less than 4 hours to have a car respond to a service call (I understand why it takes so long, I've already done a few ride-a-longs out here), it just kind of sucks that you have to wait so long...kind of like waiting for the cable guy.

On the other hand, like LA DEP pointed out, the costs would be exorbitantly high and the public/city council would have their hands all over the department.
    Part of the problem for SCV is that it has simply become too large for one medium sized station to handle.......at least to handle in the way that the LASD is known for.

They are working to correct that in the next few years.....they are adding at least 2 more stations to the SCV.....Canyon Country will be first.....

Leave a comment:

• LAschoolCop
    replied
    Originally posted by pulicords View Post
    Hey, mine too! Wow, I didn't know it was that common. I figured he was just having a bad day.
    I heard that he cited other deps that were going to and from Wayside!

Leave a comment:

• WPD954
    replied
    I knew a few Compton PD guys and thought it was a good department, but the problem is Compton itself, the school district was taken over by the state years back, obvious problems with city council, and then the college.

Everything in the hub seems to fail. Let LASD have it so the city can't taint it.

Leave a comment:

• Showboat
    replied
    See, since I'm just a resident of the SCV with no affiliation to any department, I can see the good and bad of having a municipal PD. On one hand, it may take less than 4 hours to have a car respond to a service call (I understand why it takes so long, I've already done a few ride-a-longs out here), it just kind of sucks that you have to wait so long...kind of like waiting for the cable guy.

On the other hand, like LA DEP pointed out, the costs would be exorbitantly high and the public/city council would have their hands all over the department.

Leave a comment:

• Showboat
    replied
    Trust me.....lots of us that are ON LASD agree with you.....

The main 'problem child' aka 'deputy wearing tan pants w/blue stripe' recently retired from his traffic car.....maybe things will get a bit better now.....
    He cited my best friend, his oldest brother 3x, the next oldest once, and his mom twice...we had a running joke that he parked in front of their house and just followed them around. I remember that Signal article too, they hung it on their fridge!

Leave a comment:

• LASD6833
    replied
    When I worked in Paramount, they were known by their citizens (and some deps) as "F-Troop." This was in the mid 90's, when they were really starting to have problems.

Leave a comment:

• andy5746
    replied
    Just throwing in a memory...

I used to work Lynwood Station. We would get calls DAILY from residents of Compton for EMERGENCIES on our business line! Instead of calling 9-1-1 and waiting for the P.D. to show up, they called us. We would send a car and then advise Compton P.D. of the call. Often times, C.P.D. would not show up and we would handle the situation (life/death type stuff, not the usual neighbor dispute).

Not a reflection on the actual officers, they were understaffed and overworked. I knew a few who were really good guys - most got frustrated and moved on. Some of the questionable ones worked for gangster-rappers off duty as private security - a conflict of interest to be sure!

I used to poach in Compton on a regular basis, always a good time

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2986 users online. 121 members and 2865 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X