Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What agencies use the POST written and/or PAT?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What agencies use the POST written and/or PAT?

They are randomly listed in different threads, but I think it would be good to have them in one thread. So, list agencies that you know of that use the POST written and/or PAT.

The agencies that I know:
    Costa Mesa
    Torrance

Riverside Sheriff!!

Comment

San Diego County Sheriff
      Orange PD
      Laguna Beach
      Brea
      Santa Ana (for the written, not sure about the PAT)
      Cypress
      In backgrounds ...

Comment

Every LE agency in California must adhere to POST. Riverside Sheriff uses the POST written, and will waive if you've taken it with another agency within one year (bring proof). Orange County Sheriff has a written that is POST, but it was different than RSO. As far as the PAT, Riverside's test is the exact POST PAT; 500yd run, 6' solid wall, 6' chain-link fence, 165lb dummy drag, and 99yd obstacle course. Orange County had a different PAT; 1-mile run, pushups/situps, dummy drag, obstacle course and trigger pull.

What I was told by an OC deputy was although each agency will have different variations, they all are POST compliant.

Comment

Keep 'em coming!

The reason I want to know is that an agency that I may apply to wants you to take the POST written test and POST PAT and just send them the results. They already said they would accept my PAT from another agency even though it wasn't POST. Now I need to take the written, I have taken it once but the score was no good(I'm positive they screwed it up somehow).

Comment

I'm almost certain Gardena is on that list but don't quote me.
            "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." -President Ronald Reagan

Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Wannabe417 View Post
              Every LE agency in California must adhere to POST. Riverside Sheriff uses the POST written, and will waive if you've taken it with another agency within one year (bring proof). Orange County Sheriff has a written that is POST, but it was different than RSO. As far as the PAT, Riverside's test is the exact POST PAT; 500yd run, 6' solid wall, 6' chain-link fence, 165lb dummy drag, and 99yd obstacle course. Orange County had a different PAT; 1-mile run, pushups/situps, dummy drag, obstacle course and trigger pull.

What I was told by an OC deputy was although each agency will have different variations, they all are POST compliant.
              To clarify, I am looking for agencies that send the test to POST and then send applicants their T score.

Comment

Originally posted by want to be offi View Post
                Riverside Sheriff!!
                Yeah, Riverside does NOT use the POST test. I took it today hoping to get a new T score but the test was administered on a computer and was basically a vocabulary test followed by a personality assessment.

Comment

All of CA?

San Mateo PD
                  Palo Alto PD
                  Daly City PD

Comment

Iron,

I too took the RSO test recently. Pretty wierd. I guess they just started using it. As you are taking it you have no way to know if you answered correctly. Kinda frustrating. The good part is there is no waiting; you find out right there. I passed...

Comment

Originally posted by avaand View Post
                      Iron,

I too took the RSO test recently. Pretty wierd. I guess they just started using it. As you are taking it you have no way to know if you answered correctly. Kinda frustrating. The good part is there is no waiting; you find out right there. I passed...
                      I passed too, but all I wanted was the t score.

Comment

I took the Riverside test and failed, I qualified for corrections deputy. How do you pass a test like that?

Comment

Originally posted by siryessir View Post
                          I took the Riverside test and failed, I qualified for corrections deputy. How do you pass a test like that?
                          Read, read, and then read some more. It's mostly vocabulary which can be improved by reading, but the second part was a personality test(like the MMPI) and there is no way you can study for that. I'm assuming they didn't tell which part you failed, so my best advice would be to try again after 6 months or however long they want you to wait.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5714 users online. 318 members and 5396 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X