300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RSO Applicants

Hey there, just wondering if any recent RSO applicants could help out with a quick question.

I passed my written exam on 07/18 and the 1st PAT on 08/27. I turned in my backgroung packet today.

I was told during the orientation that the initial contact from a Background Investigator would be in about 2 weeks. However, when I turned in my packet I was told that it may take 6 weeks. Does anyone have an accurate timeline on what to expect?

Thanks!

I turned in my packet on 6/3, got a call 6/20 from my BI just to let me know who he was and that he had been assigned me file. We chatted over the phone for maybe 45 minutes. He called on 7/10 to schedule my interview, went in on 7/14.

Hope that helps.
    "Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there."
    Lieutenant General Victor H. Krulak, USMC

Comment

Thanks USMC, that's exactly what I was looking for. I didn't figure the interview would come right away, but they made it sound like my file wouldn't get assigned for 6 weeks. Your experience is right along with what was initially told to me in the orientation.

Thanks again.

Comment

Keep in mind that there is a curent backlog on backgrounds. It may be a little longer than two weeks before you hear from the BI. But shouldn't be longer than four.....

My wife is currently in the process, and events are noticeably slower than they were when I was hired 3 years ago....
        Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
        --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

Is RSO looking to fill 1500 deputy slots? That's what I heard from someone when I went to my SDSO pre-BI orientation...

Comment

I'm not sure of the exact number, but yes, that sounds close to what I have been hearing....
            Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
            --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

I was told that RSO has a contract to hire 1500 new deputies over the next 3 years.

Comment

Class 177 started today. It took me 6 wks before I met with my BI. After that, it when quick..

mahalo!!
                You Just Need To Wait a Bit Longer.
                In The End, It Doesn't Matter How Long It Took To Get There, Only That You Arrived.... Bob Dylan

Comment

On the subject i just turned in my background about a week ago and when I filled it out three weeks previous I wasn't currently employed. Since then I am but have no investigator assigned. I know I need to update my info but how should I go about it? Drive there and tell them in person?
                  Not affiliated with my avatar. My opinions are all mine and do not represent anybody else. All names are fictional and coincidental if there is someone in the world with aforementioned name.

Comment

Rso

We are looking to hire 1500 bodies, both sworn and non sworn deputies. As for those that are still waiting while others are receiving correspondants, you just need to be patient. Each b/i has their own work load and they will get to you when your file comes up. For those of you that have employment changes since applying, unless your contact numbers have changed I would not "muddy" the waters and up date it, unless asked to do so. Thats not to say that you dont report any criminal activity; tickets and such for that needs to be brought up before it is found. A simple voice message, hey this is so and so and just wanted to update you on this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by natejpg View Post
                      On the subject i just turned in my background about a week ago and when I filled it out three weeks previous I wasn't currently employed. Since then I am but have no investigator assigned. I know I need to update my info but how should I go about it? Drive there and tell them in person?
                      When your get the call from your BI notify him of the change in your employment status. I wouldn't worry about it until then.
                      "Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there."
                      Lieutenant General Victor H. Krulak, USMC

Comment

Thanks guys. Just want to be safe and not appear to be deceitful even though i'm not.
                        Not affiliated with my avatar. My opinions are all mine and do not represent anybody else. All names are fictional and coincidental if there is someone in the world with aforementioned name.

Comment

When you get to the background interview, your BI will allow you to add additional info to your PHS packet.

Comment

I took my physical agility assessment in late July and submitted my PHS 8/5. Should I be worried about how long it is taking?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5390 users online. 326 members and 5064 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X