300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA Port Police

Does anyone have any thoughts about working there? My LASD application is sitting like everyone else and I have heard that it is decent work and great pay (apparently good overtime).

I have also looked in CBP agent but am not big on living in a podunk town.

i have a buddy that works there. they have good training and he came back from georgia for some boat training. he said it's pretty chill, with some decent work and pay. get hired on anywhere. lol. try LAX pd too..

when you mean cbp agent, do you mean cbp officer or border patrol agent?

Comment

Originally posted by ask80 View Post
      i have a buddy that works there. they have good training and he came back from georgia for some boat training. he said it's pretty chill, with some decent work and pay. get hired on anywhere. lol. try LAX pd too..

when you mean cbp agent, do you mean cbp officer or border patrol agent?
      Sorry, BP agent.

Yeah, I know a dispatcher there and I want to set up a ride along. I just want my foot in the door somewhere and the city of LA is hiring much quicker than the county. Like I said, she told me the over time is great. I'm a young guy who wants to get established so overtime is always a good thing.

The only downside is I heard you can get bored but then again, I will get bored in the jails too. Any other words from your friend? Thanks sir.

Comment

Doc, are you only willing to work for Port PD? Since LA City Personnel does the hiring/backgrounds for LAPD, LAXPD, Port PD, and GSPD, you can apply at all 4 departments with the same written, PAT, and background investigation. I know that DOACop is more knowledgeable on the subject, but I think you have to just do individual departmental interviews.

I'm sure you are aware of www.policebackground.net; I love this site, it is so informative.

Comment

Originally posted by doc_holiday View Post
          Does anyone have any thoughts about working there? My LASD application is sitting like everyone else and I have heard that it is decent work and great pay (apparently good overtime).

I have also looked in CBP agent but am not big on living in a podunk town.
          There are different types of CBP agents. My dad is a CBP officer at LAX. His pay is awesome. If I can remember, he said he's allowed 35k just for overtime and the base pay is pretty good also. But my dad is nearing retirement, so he doesn't do much of overtime, however, he is required to do a minimum amount.

If you have any questions, let me know, and I'll ask my dad about it.

Comment

bump for more opinions

Comment

County Police is actively hiring at the moment, if all you are looking for is a foot in the door. I can guarantee that your app will not just sit there with us.

Comment

Well as an applicant to the Border Patrol with a California geographical preference, there is only a 50% chance you will end up in a "podunk town," which would result from being offered an El Centro Sector Station, which consists of the El Centro, Calexico, or Indio station at the absolute worse. Short of that, you would end up being offered a station in San Diego Sector, which would allow you to live somewhere in San Diego or possibly Orange County if you were assigned to the San Clemente station.

As far as CBP Officers go, well I wouldn't call that getting your foot in the door... but YMMV.
                Stay Safe,
                - J.R.
                ----------------
                HONOR FIRST
                "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted men long enough and liked it, never really care for hunting anything else thereafter." - Ernest Hemmingway

Comment

I was wondering about port police as well? Looking forward to some more answers.

Comment

www.policebackground.net

You have been warned

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4572 users online. 239 members and 4333 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X