Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gundo
    replied
    Yeah...I don't thing that would really help...she potentionally could take her job with her..which would be great cause it would help out a lot with her need for people and human contact plus the money would be great..same salary and benifits

Cause I know I would take a hit....but we do have the house down here that by then I figure the housing market will be better...not like our little city is suffereing..stuff still selling and not much of a loss..

Leave a comment:

• Kieth M.
    replied
    Originally posted by Gundo View Post
    I really need to get her up there a bunch in the winter to make sure it is something she can deal with...I would love the change of seasons. I would also enjoy the slower quiet life...she is a little more of a people person...
    Get her a job herding cattle into the ski lifts.....she'll get all the winter and people she can take!

Leave a comment:

• Gundo
    replied
    Thanks for the advice...the wife and I will continue to discuss it and I need to get up there and do some more reasearch...

I really need to get her up there a bunch in the winter to make sure it is something she can deal with...I would love the change of seasons. I would also enjoy the slower quiet life...she is a little more of a people person...

Leave a comment:

• 417Lt
    replied
    If the main roads to my house in LA County would not have been washed out a couple years ago I would be working there right now. The Bishop Lt. position opened up and I was the most senior Lt. interested in the spot. The price of real estate up there is high and I couldn't make the move without selling the LA homestead.
    If the lifestyle suits you, go for it. You can't put a price on waking up every morning and not only loving what you do, but loving where you are doing it.
    There are some who say, "keep your frequent-vacations destination as just that, a place to 'get away' to. If you live there and needed a break, where would you go?"
    No- If you are where you want to be you don't need a place to get away to.

Leave a comment:

• Retired96
    replied
    Originally posted by LA Copper View Post
    Do you know what her name is?
    Just checked their website, The new chief of Bishop is Kathleen Sheehan..

Leave a comment:

• Retired96
    replied
    Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
    That's not exactly what I would call it...but I don't know your perspective.
    Keith, I am just going on what the local Bishop newspaper reported. I know nothing about her as I am LASD guy. Hell the paper could have been blowing smoke up their readers for all I know.

Leave a comment:

• Gundo
    replied
    Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
    There are some who say, "keep your frequent-vacations destination as just that, a place to 'get away' to. If you live there and needed a break, where would you go?"

I used to think I'd love to have a condo, there in Mammoth, that I could stay weeks at a time in, then rent out when I wasn't there.
    Keith,

That was / is a concern but we love to travel enough that we could always get away

I guess it will always be the grass is geener on the other side of the fence thing...just starting my research on this...still want to do some ridea alongs and talk with guys up there...thanks for the input and please keep it coming..

I am not going to just jump into this afterall got a couple more years

Leave a comment:

• LA Copper
    replied
    Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
    The new chief got hired about 2 months ago. She had a very impressive career with LAPD. The old chief retired with medical disability, bad back if I remember correctly.

Do you know what her name is?

Leave a comment:

• Kieth M.
    replied
    The new chief got hired about 2 months ago. She had a very impressive career with LAPD.
    That's not exactly what I would call it...but I don't know your perspective.
    Last edited by Kieth M.; 08-30-2008, 10:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Retired96
    replied
    Originally posted by 417Lt View Post
    What? Joe P. is gone? He was one of ours.
    The new chief got hired about 2 months ago. She had a very impressive career with LAPD. The old chief retired with medical disability, bad back if I remember correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Kieth M.
    replied
    Thanks for the input. I appreciate the information, I have 13 years on teh job and am looking for a complete life change. The wife and will be emptynesters in 4 years and I still have 10 plus good years left. So I was thinking why not live where I wouldn't mind retiring?? Why wait??

I used to think I'd love to have a condo, there in Mammoth, that I could stay weeks at a time in, then rent out when I wasn't there.
    Last edited by Kieth M.; 08-30-2008, 10:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gundo
    replied
    The fishing on the Upper Owens was fantastic, I was catching 50-60 per day, about 7-8 hours each day. not alot of people fishing either.
    Rock Creek was a little slow, caught maybe 10 total. I have been fishing the Upper Owens since 1958. I spend two weeks a month up there during the season and during the off season fish the lower Owens 1-2 times a month. Just wish the gas prices were lower as I spend well over 300.00 a month just in fishing trips.
    Those are some impressive numbers...and yes gas is getting to be a major part of the trip cost...oh well it is worth it once you get there...

Leave a comment:

• 417Lt
    replied
    spend about 4 months year in the Sierras and law enforcement up there is much different than So. Cal. All of the depts. are small, Bishop only has 20 or less officers. They do have a new female chief, A retired LAPD Captain.
    What? Joe P. is gone? He was one of ours.

Leave a comment:

• Retired96
    replied
    How was the Upper ownes?? You fish abovethe bridge at all??

How about Rock Creek, how was the fishing there??

I fished the Owens the first part of August and back in March...a little cold but the fish were biting

I will fish outside of Fort Collins in two weeks...
    The fishing on the Upper Owens was fantastic, I was catching 50-60 per day, about 7-8 hours each day. not alot of people fishing either.
    Rock Creek was a little slow, caught maybe 10 total. I have been fishing the Upper Owens since 1958. I spend two weeks a month up there during the season and during the off season fish the lower Owens 1-2 times a month. Just wish the gas prices were lower as I spend well over 300.00 a month just in fishing trips.

Leave a comment:

• Gundo
    replied
    You mention Tom's Place, my second home. Just got back a few days ago after spending a week camping in Rock Creek and fly fishing the Upper Owens. That was my 9th trip this year.
    How was the Upper ownes?? You fish abovethe bridge at all??

How about Rock Creek, how was the fishing there??

I fished the Owens the first part of August and back in March...a little cold but the fish were biting

I will fish outside of Fort Collins in two weeks...

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5761 users online. 315 members and 5446 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X