300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDCR lateral potential?

Can one lateral to any of the other state law enforcement agencies from the CDCR? Would one have to go through another academy?

another academy....for sure

Comment

The only other agencies are also under the CDCR umbrella such as State Parole, Board of Prison Terms, Correctional Standards Authority (pays good inspecting local jails but not a peace ofc. position), Ofc. of Internal Affairs, and Office of Correctional Safety (high level investigations related to the prison system).

Parole is probably the easiest especially if you have a BA/BS. All of the other gigs require significant rank and time in CDCR plus, from what little I've seen, knowing the right people.

The corrections academy is not a legal equivalent of a basic police academy and there is no add on that I know of. I suspect if you were in a CDCR investigative gig and had some good investigative schools under your belt you could challenge the POST specialized basic investigator academy. With that certificate you could lateral to most other state investigative agencies.
      If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4311 users online. 276 members and 4035 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X