300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background orientation question

I know this was addressed somewhere before but I couldn't find it so I'm asking again. What is the process like for actually turning in your background packet to Riverside Sheriff's Office? From my orientation meeting I had it seemed like we would turn it in, have a meeting with the BI and know who our BI would be. If he had any questions on our packet from just scanning it he would ask. You also have to bring all your original documentation so they can make copies right?
    Not affiliated with my avatar. My opinions are all mine and do not represent anybody else. All names are fictional and coincidental if there is someone in the world with aforementioned name.

background packet

Originally posted by natejpg View Post
    I know this was addressed somewhere before but I couldn't find it so I'm asking again. What is the process like for actually turning in your background packet to Riverside Sheriff's Office? From my orientation meeting I had it seemed like we would turn it in, have a meeting with the BI and know who our BI would be. If he had any questions on our packet from just scanning it he would ask. You also have to bring all your original documentation so they can make copies right?
    When I did mine, I had to turn it in by a certain date, then they assigned me a BI and he called me and set up a meeting to go over my packet.

Comment

I turned in my packet to personnel. About a week later, I got a call from my BI, and we scheduled the interview for a week later. Two weeks after the packet was turned in was the interview.

Good luck

Comment

What did your interview consist of??
        Not affiliated with my avatar. My opinions are all mine and do not represent anybody else. All names are fictional and coincidental if there is someone in the world with aforementioned name.

Comment

During the interview, they cover everything in your packet. If the BI has any immediate questions, this is where it is brought up. Kinda like a starting point on where they need to look. They also use it as a chance to get a feel for wether or not you are the type of person they want to invest their time in. Fairly low key. Dress nice (wear a suit) and be ready to answer questions about your past...
          Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
          --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

Rso

This is where they see you face to face. If things go well then they will set up a poly and a phsych date, good luck. The more of you that come over the more senority I get!!!

Comment

I got my background packet and they said to turn the packet into them in person. They have an address on the sheet they give you, they said you can mail it, but wouldn't recommend it.

After you turn it in, they give it a preliminary check and if you pass that, they hand it over to a BI. BI will call you and get everything started.

I gathered all this from the background orientation.

Comment

Took approximately 2 months+ before I got a call from my BI for an initial interview (but that's because my BI went on vacation). I think the normal wait time is near 6-8 weeks before you get assigned a BI.
                Riverside Sheriffs

Written - 02/16/08 [Passed]
                PAT - 03/15/08 [Passed]
                PHS - 03/31/08 [Turned In]
                PA 1 - 06/24/08 [Initial]
                BI Interview - 07/09/08 [Initial]
                Livescan - 07/10/08 [Passed]
                Polygraph - 07/25/08 [Passed]
                PA 2 - 08/05/08 [Passed]
                Psych Written - 09/02/08 [Passed]
                Psych Oral - 09/02/08 [Failed]
                Medical - 09/03/08 [Passed]
                2nd Psych Written - TBD
                2nd Psych Oral - TBD
                3rd Psych Written - TBD
                3rd Psych Oral - TBD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4439 users online. 260 members and 4179 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X