300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jail Tour for San Diego Sheriff's Dept

I've done a ride along with San Diego Sheriff's Department deputies from the Ramona station and plan to do another in either Lakeside or Santee. Do you think it's also a good idea to do a jail tour at possibly the Santee jail?

Yes! You'll likely start at the jails, and may even get recommended for detentions only. So definitely take a look-see.
    In backgrounds ...

Comment

Originally posted by beagle25 View Post
      I've done a ride along with San Diego Sheriff's Department deputies from the Ramona station and plan to do another in either Lakeside or Santee. Do you think it's also a good idea to do a jail tour at possibly the Santee jail?
      The Santee jail, otherwise known as Las Colinas Woman's Detention Facility, may not be the best jail to tour, especially if you are a male (you may not be able to view certain areas). I would recommend trying to tour the San Diego Central Jail in downtown San Diego, that's the one I signed up for. I'm still waiting to hear when the tour will be but I have been there a few times while on ride alongs (I've also been to Las Colinas once).

Comment

If they let you, try for CJ, or maybe East Mesa where they make all the meals.

Try a ride-along in Spring Valley..it's hoppin'.
        Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I forgot that Santee was a women's jail.

Comment

I figured you were female, since you mentioned Santee. Although don't some men work at the women's detention center and don't some women work at the men's?
            In backgrounds ...

Comment

I recommend it highly!

The required jail tour for LASD was an eye-opener. I toured Men's Central Jail - a likely first assignment for a new Deputy. You see the funky conditions and walk side by side with Deputies into inmate areas. You see how the Deputies keep the clientèle in-check. I heard some other recruits remark after the tour that they're going to try to expedite their PD apps after experiencing the jail environment.
              Focused Recruit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5174 users online. 285 members and 4889 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X