300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronado Police

I was wondering if there is anybody who is familiar with this police department. I am very interested in this department. I know its a small agency compared to most departments in the san diego county.I passed the the written and physical test. I am still awaiting the results of the oral interview in order to see if I will proceed with the background check. Any insights on this department will be greatly appreciated.

Very small department with a rather interesting community. Most will be active or retired Navy. On the weekends there may be, uhhhhhhhmmmm, some very interesting drunken/HBD guys to deal with who will not be very impressed with an officer's badge, stick, and gun. They tend to travel in pairs, have about zero body fat, wear their hair short (if at all) and have suntans in the dead of winter. They will have tatts which lean toward 'sea lions wearing sailor hats', or their lesser in number counterparts whose tatts favor a 'globe and anchor' design. Both may have twin puncture wound scars over their left breast.

Overall, very good guys, but ones I wouldn't want to have upset with me over what's really a discretionary issue.

Edited to add: I just read your profile. It's very likley you know who I'm talking about. Either way, best of luck!
    Last edited by Kieth M.; 08-29-2008, 10:43 PM.
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Lots of traffic issues, jumpers on the bridge, tourists, and wealthy residents.
      Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Nice and discrete there Kieth. LOL

Comment

Lucky you even got to test. They are only hiring laterals right now. Very good starting pay and not too much crime. The traffic enforcement is a big part of the job. A lot of traffic rules that get violated on a daily basis (right or left turns not allowed during certain hours) and lots of speed. Lovely town and community oriented police force. Good luck
          Thank you to all that serve.

Comment

Originally posted by rusty57 View Post
            Lucky you even got to test. They are only hiring laterals right now...
            They are not only hiring laterals right now. They had open testing back in July. It was the first time they've opened up to hiring new recruits and they very well might be doing it again in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by rusty57 View Post
              Lucky you even got to test. They are only hiring laterals right now. Very good starting pay and not too much crime. The traffic enforcement is a big part of the job. A lot of traffic rules that get violated on a daily basis (right or left turns not allowed during certain hours) and lots of speed. Lovely town and community oriented police force. Good luck
              Unfortunately their starting pay is one of the worst in the county

Comment

They are a very small department for Sd county. They pay crummy (though not horrible), but have a lot of nice toys and a nice looking modern station. Their main activity is all traffic like someone else said... speeders along the cays, and DUI's. They farm out major investigations to SDSO. I was always surprised they found enough pre-service or laterals to work there to be able not to hire recruits like every other SD county department. Interesting to see now they are.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyjr View Post
                  They are a very small department for Sd county. They pay crummy (though not horrible), but have a lot of nice toys and a nice looking modern station. Their main activity is all traffic like someone else said... speeders along the cays, and DUI's. They farm out major investigations to SDSO. I was always surprised they found enough pre-service or laterals to work there to be able not to hire recruits like every other SD county department. Interesting to see now they are.
                  El Cajon and La Mesa are only taking laterals

Comment

Originally posted by stojanowski View Post
                    La Mesa PD just had open testing in July as well.

Comment

Originally posted by stojanowski View Post
                      They take recruits every so often. I had La Mesa and EC guys in my academy. Coronado hasn't in as long as I can recall.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5931 users online. 356 members and 5575 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X