300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fontana Pd!

Anyone else going to take the test in September? Anyone have any idea on what to expect? I'm really curious about the interview part. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

when and where is the test.. im interested

Comment

September, 13 at A.B Miller High. I applied a month ago and got a packet today telling me about the test, and PAT.

Comment

I just got an e-mail from the San Bernardino Sheriffs inviting me to take a written test, its on Sept. 9

Comment

It is pretty straight forward and a standard POST test. The physical is standard POST as well. It would probably be good to know facts about the Dept and city if you get to the interview. Good luck.

Comment

North Fontana seems very nice. A lot of new developments.. How is the rest of the city? Is it still "Fontucky" as I often hear it referred to?

Comment

Actually, Fontucky is the unincorporated part of Fontana. This kind of makes working for the city relatively nice:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97361
              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Ah.. so does Fontana PD still patrol that area or is that SB sheriffs?

Comment

The Sherrifs patrol the unincorporated areas. SgtCHP almost answered that in his responce. I think that anything classified as "unincorporated" usually will have some kind of Sherrif organization attached to it. Like how the Orange County Sheriffs have bits and pieces all over the place.

I've heard from other LEO friends that Fontana PD is pretty squared away. They have a nice looking website too. I'd apply, however, they require 30 college units of law enforcement related classes - which I do not have. Best of luck to you!
                  "That's the problem with people like you, George. You want results but you never want to get your hands dirty." - Jack Bauer

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."
                  - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by TWH View Post
                    . I'd apply, however, they require 30 college units of law enforcement related classes - which I do not have. Best of luck to you!
                    i get my AA in criminal justice this semester, i think i know where im applying next..

Comment

The two Fontana officers I have been at training with still refer to it as Fontucky and say the area they worked was trash, but just about every city has some of that in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz View Post
                        The two Fontana officers I have been at training with still refer to it as Fontucky and say the area they worked was trash, but just about every city has some of that in it.
                        Definately.

I was acknowledging how nice the city is at the North end.. Hopefully the improvements migrate down to the rest of the city.. Chino seems to be doing the same thing.. There are plenty of area's we could bull-doze in the city I work in.

Comment

North Fontana is starting to go downhill, its like foreclosure central. Sierra Lakes has seen an increase in crime from what I read in the papers. Below the 10 freeway off Sierra is still nice so far.

Comment

The north end is still pretty quiet, with the exception of the occasional run of daytime burglaries. Not quite Fontucky anymore. It is way slower than it used to be. I grew up in the city and it used to rock and roll. Still have the same element, but they get their hand slapped and decide to do their dirt in other cities (Rialto). Great place to work and you can always find something good to get into. As nice as the north end is, I still prefer not to live there.

Comment

I would say Rialto is pretty bad I moved here when I was 13 back in 93'. I've seen it go down bigtime. It sucks because I really like living here its just starting to get to dangerous.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5926 users online. 322 members and 5604 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X