300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.A.S.D. Pre-Academy Study advise

I was wondering if any one might now where I can obtain definitions for basic law terms (ie.) Burglary, theft, robbery, ect... I was advised to study up on the basic defenitions before attending the Academy. Can you recommended any where or anything that may help? Or any other advise you may have for some one like myself who will soon be attending the Academy? Thanks!

Google.

Comment

I recommend you buy the CA penal code book from Amazon or another seller. Get the most recent edition. There's a thick blue one that also includes the CVC and portions of other state codes.
      Focused Recruit

Comment

check out this website... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/
        Danger: if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!
        - Winston Churchill

Highly recommended reading: http://www.amazon.com/Boot-L-P-D-Off.../dp/0688147135

Comment

Always use a spell checker. Here is a good web site to look around on until you get a penal code book:
          http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/calaw.html
          There are no extraordinary men... just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.
          William Halsey

Comment

If you don't already have one, you can buy a used (but recent) copy of the CA Penal Code cheap at any Los Angeles Community College bookstore, so long as that college has an Administration of Justice program. When you're done with the academy, you can sell the book back and recoup some of your money if you really want to.
            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2006/abou...finitions.html

And, for you edification and amazement:

ADVICE: Information or counseling you receive from another.

ADVISE: Information or counseling you give to another.

Since you are seeking ADVICE, everyone will ADVISE you about the information you seek.
              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by TF16A1
                DEFINITION OF A CRIME P.C 15= YOU MIGHT GET ASKED
                CORE VALUES= YOU BETTER KNOW THIS
                CREED= IF YOU DONT KNOW THIS YOU WILL **** THE D.I. OFF SOMETHING AWFUL
                MISSION STATEMENT= SLIGHT CHANCE
                Just like this person mentioned, I would ADVISE you to do a few other things:
                Commit to memory the CORE VALUES, CREED, MISSION STATEMENT and begin to memorize the radio codes.

I have no idea where you are scholastically, but crime elements are not the most difficult thing to grasp. I believe you have other things to be more concerned about prior to academy. Having said that, I do suggest you familiarize yourself with the elements to common crimes. Just grab a corpus dilecti sheet from someone.
                Last edited by Ranger Hoot; 08-23-2008, 01:55 PM.
                The RANGER God cried from above
                Lightning flashed from the darkened sun
                Hailstones fell and the earth did mourn
                It was a solem day for all Airborne
                June 2001 will be
                A tragic piece of RANGER history
                Time stood still on that cursed day
                Cuz legs were donning black berets

Comment

its really too easy, just start reading the LD's. Every post test comes from the LD, so if you know how to study you can pass each test no matter how good or bad the professor is.

Comment

https://docstore.kinkos.com/post_ca

You can find the Learning Domains (LD's) by going to the above link and then click on Select Documents From Your Online Catalog.

You can buy the LDs from there...or you can buy it on the first day of your academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6816 users online. 353 members and 6463 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X