Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just came back from my SDSO BI Interview...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just came back from my SDSO BI Interview...

Change of plans.
    Last edited by avalon42; 10-03-2011, 05:26 PM.

Way to go! Keep the faith. It'll happen.
    Focused Recruit

Comment

Did they say anything about how many people they were looking to hire? Good luck on your background investigation.

Comment

What is that class at grossmont? I just looked at their catalog the other day and obviously its too late to sign up but I was just wondering what it does...

Comment

Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
          ...and it was a long one. 3 hours 55 minutes.

It didn't go as smoothly as planned, but he said he was willing to put in the investigative work to verify everything I stated. He said there were quite a few obstacles in my background, but he said that nothing that spell out automatic DQ as yet (except that 1 bad debt). He also promised to call me before he sent out a DQ letter.

Question on the 1 bad debt: I was surprised when he said the whole account had to be paid off all at once. I was under the impression that if you were making payments towards the debt, then it would be okay. He said that was a misconception and if the account was already at a collections agency, there could be no further consideration unless the debt was completely settled and paid off. But other recruiters from other agencies said it was okay so long as I was on a payment plan with them. Is this not true if it is not with the original creditor?

On a positive side note, I enrolled in Grossmont College's 29th Academy. I met with our academy coordinator today as well (a very nice woman). Orientation is this Saturday.

So, either way, it's happening. No matter how many times they say no, I know in the end they are going to say YES when I prove myself.
          I am curious as to why you are questioning the information given you by the background investigator with whom you met. Don't you believe what he told you? Not too cool, my friend. Each agency has its own rule concerning debt. If SD wants a debt that has already gone to collections paid off, then you should endeavor to get it paid off ASAP. Seems to me they were trying to help you. Get it paid off and perhaps SD will consider hiring you.
          Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

I have a buddy who got accepted into LAPD, and he had some credit issues. He had to prove he was making payments on his debt. I wonder if each agency has a different standard when it comes to credit.

Comment

Change of plans.

Comment

Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
                Ok, this I did not know. I did not mean to disrespect or interpret anything negative towards my BI.
                Don't worry, it was obvious from your post that you meant no disrespect and are only looking for some clarification. Sometimes it can be confusing since different departments have different policies on the same thing. Best of luck to you, from your posts on here it's clear you're dedicated to getting a job, it'll happen.

Comment

I believe Larry Ingraham runs the Grossmont academy. He taught classes at the regional academy and really made an impact on me. Always looked forward to them.

Comment

Change of plans.

Comment

Originally posted by davebsd View Post
                      I believe Larry Ingraham runs the Grossmont academy. He taught classes at the regional academy and really made an impact on me. Always looked forward to them.
                      Larry Ingraham taught us report writing up in Miramar. The guy is a great teacher. He was pretty damn funny in our class, although I hear he tones it down and is more serious at Grossmont's academy.

Comment

Originally posted by pescimove View Post
                        Don't worry, it was obvious from your post that you meant no disrespect and are only looking for some clarification. Sometimes it can be confusing since different departments have different policies on the same thing. Best of luck to you, from your posts on here it's clear you're dedicated to getting a job, it'll happen.
                        +1

I didn't take it as disrespect either. Sometimes (expecially for retired ol' CHiPpie supervisors ...) people forget what it's like to be on the hiring end.

Part of it also stems from the BI not wanting to spend all the time and money on getting you in, getting you partially trained, and then having you drop out cause you can't concentrate because of distractions and problems from the outside world, ie. money problems, bad family issues, etc. When you are in the academy, it's all you should be thinking about.

Good luck.

Comment

I should have tried and got into the corrections class... instead I am in two AOJ classes. I can probably get my AA in it fairly quickly since I have my BA already in management...

Comment

She didn't say get an AA... just to take a couple classes and see what it is really about and to make sure this is what I want. But I scheduled my ride along and in 2 classes now... it can't hurt and my management degree is going to waste anyways

Comment

Change of plans.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5465 users online. 311 members and 5154 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X