Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeLaw
    replied
    I got a letter today saying I passed the PQE with a 85 so im on to the next stage.
    Last edited by MikeLaw; 08-28-2008, 02:24 AM. Reason: ...

Leave a comment:

• Jrdeputy
    replied
    Go to www.policebackground.net and ask around over there...

Leave a comment:

• chrisb1612
    replied
    I just wanted to get some input, I am 21 years old and was arrested for a DUI in 2006 and received SIS probabtion or it's called Diversion in some states. I did the PBA for LAPD and was flagged but I called and they decided to allow me to continue with expedited testing. My question is am I wasting my time by flying out to test or do I have a chance thanks

Leave a comment:

• Jrdeputy
    replied
    when you get to the medical stage, you'll have to run on a treadmill....if you're out of shape, it'll get you pretty winded.

Leave a comment:

• krispykreme
    replied
    Originally posted by mtxpro752 View Post
    When I got on, we took a multiple choice + essay test. I guess recently (past four years) they changed it. PAT is NOT POST TEST. The PAT is jumping over a line and pedaling a bicycle for 2 minutes. The fattest most out of shape idiot could pass the PAT.
    i thought maybe we'd have to do push-ups and pulls-ups so i had been working on that for that past weeks at the gym lol... got my pqe results, i got a 85.. initial background review is sep. 2nd, gotta start filling out my packet...

Leave a comment:

• IronBruin
    replied
    Originally posted by mtxpro752 View Post
    When I got on, we took a multiple choice + essay test. I guess recently (past four years) they changed it. PAT is NOT POST TEST. The PAT is jumping over a line and pedaling a bicycle for 2 minutes. The fattest most out of shape idiot could pass the PAT.
    True. I was hoping that they would have higher standards.

Leave a comment:

• mtxpro752
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ricky_G
    replied
    3 questions??? That's it??? Any example of the questions???

Leave a comment:

• IronBruin
    replied
    Originally posted by Showboat View Post
    No, my understanding is that it is 3 essay questions; however, I haven't taken the test yet and will defer to people further along than I am.
    Correct

Leave a comment:

• Showboat
    replied
    No, my understanding is that it is 3 essay questions; however, I haven't taken the test yet and will defer to people further along than I am.

Leave a comment:

• Ricky_G
    replied
    Does LAPD use the standard P.O.S.T. test??? If not, is it multiple choice, spelling, reading comp, map reading and or CLOZE??? Is the essay portion, how many questions do you answer??? Do you find out your results that day/evening??? Sorry for all the questions!!!

Leave a comment:

• Showboat
    replied
    I'd also like to add my knowledge of CAPs, that I learned earlier this week, from the officer who runs the program at Pierce Collge. CAPs is run strictly to start indoctrinating you to the academy rigors. Be prepared to have instructors get on your case and "motivate" you if necessary. Expect to learn basic marching orders and have to stand at attention in the presence of an officer until told otherwise, just like at the academy. CAPs also looks great to the interview board if they present you with the oft-asked question, "What have you done to prepare yourself to be a police officer?"

On your first day, show up ready to work out, but do not be shocked when they tell you that you need to show up in a PT uniform the following week. The workout includes lots of running and the calisthenics that are performed during the academy. It's a great program that you can start as soon as you have proof of passing the written exam. More info, like times and locations, can be found at www.joinlapd.org

On a personal note, I plan on taking LAPD's written on 9/4 and will be attending CAPs as soon as I am able to up until the day I am put through an academy. Good luck to all in the process already.
    Last edited by Showboat; 08-25-2008, 12:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mtxpro752
    replied
    For those of you in the process, ask about CAPS program, they work out academy style twice a week, it'll get you up to speed on what they expect in the academy. I didn't do CAPS and when I got to the academy I got a rude awakening on how out of shape i really was, made it through but to this day 3 years later I still wish I had done CAPS while in the hiring/waiting process.

Leave a comment:

• gipettoe
    replied
    Originally posted by krispykreme View Post
    just got back from taking my PAT.. i passed
    Took PAT 1 today, passed as well. It was easy- but I'm still swore from the bike ride lol

Leave a comment:

• gipettoe
    replied
    Originally posted by CommunityShield View Post
    My BI said that background should only take about a month, but that was four months ago. I would be mad or something but I had the whole CA thing going for me so I'm not in a hurry.

I had the same thing with the PQE, I got a 75 and I have a college degree.... go figure!
    LOL! Hey, sad thing is I took it last year and got an 85. I wrote my @$* off this time. Oh well, better than a fail I guess

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3470 users online. 207 members and 3263 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X