300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CommunityShield View Post
    My BI said that background should only take about a month, but that was four months ago. I would be mad or something but I had the whole CA thing going for me so I'm not in a hurry.

I had the same thing with the PQE, I got a 75 and I have a college degree.... go figure!
    I got a 75 too, I was going to re-take it but it seems like it may be an arbitrary score anyways. Reminds me of the letter I got in the mail from LASD regarding an application that I submitted for "student professional worker" telling me that I passed the test with a score of 70... I never took a test.

Comment

Originally posted by IronBruin View Post
      I got a 75 too, I was going to re-take it but it seems like it may be an arbitrary score anyways. Reminds me of the letter I got in the mail from LASD regarding an application that I submitted for "student professional worker" telling me that I passed the test with a score of 70... I never took a test.
      LOL! I got a 75 also.

Comment

Is a ride-along required for the background process?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLaw View Post
          Is a ride-along required for the background process?
          If you haven't had your Department Interview yet, I would recommend going on a ride-along. You'll be able to discuss more in-depth what you know about the department and why you chose to apply to LAPD.

I passed my Interview but I wish I had done a ride-along prior.
          It is Attitude, not circumstance, that makes Success possible even in the most unlikely conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtoledo View Post
            LOL! I got a 75 also.
            The frequency of the score of 75 leads me to believe that they are either passing everyone, or just glancing at the essays to make sure that it is legible and understandable then giving out a score of 75(maybe that's the minimum?).

Comment

just curious how did some of you go dress for the PAT?.. i have mine tomorrow at 2:30 pm

Comment

I did the PAT for the City of LA agencies and everyone wore workout attire. No business suit required, unless your interview is before/after.
                Focused Recruit

Comment

Originally posted by Stugotz View Post
                  I did the PAT for the City of LA agencies and everyone wore workout attire. No business suit required, unless your interview is before/after.
                  thanks.. so shorts and shirt is okay to show up?

Comment

most definately..shorts/shirts

Comment

Originally posted by krispykreme View Post
                      thanks.. so shorts and shirt is okay to show up?
                      It says "workout clothing and shoes" on the paper they gave you with your scheduled PAT and initial BR time, and "clothing and shoes should be appropriate for athletic activities" on the PAT score sheet you are to take with you.

Comment

I took the PQE about a month ago and ended up getting an 85. I was a little disappointed cause I thought I nailed it, but I'll take it.

Since I'm not 20 1/2, I'm not going to continue with the process yet. I don't want to do the Reserve Officer thing because I don't have time to be doing volunteer work and driving out to LA. With school and work, I'll be tied up 90% of the time. I'm going to wait until around November and apply for the Police Officer position.

I've been trying to get a hold of my case manager to explain this to him, but I don't know who to tell. I don't want to make it seem like I quit the Reserve Officer process, but at this point I would rather wait 2 months and do the one I want.

Comment

just got back from taking my PAT.. i passed

Comment

congrats! what did it you have to do exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by CommunityShield View Post
                              My BI said that background should only take about a month, but that was four months ago. I would be mad or something but I had the whole CA thing going for me so I'm not in a hurry.

I had the same thing with the PQE, I got a 75 and I have a college degree.... go figure!
                              LOL! Hey, sad thing is I took it last year and got an 85. I wrote my @$* off this time. Oh well, better than a fail I guess
                              "Carving a new life for myself"

Comment

Took PAT 1 today, passed as well. It was easy- but I'm still swore from the bike ride lol
                                "Carving a new life for myself"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6121 users online. 344 members and 5777 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X