Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPenCo
    replied
    Just be relaxed, professional and confident....Remember also that there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance.

My interview lasted about 30 Min's, 2 minutes interviewing and the rest of the time, just sharing custody stories.

It's important that you know what the are the duties of a Deputy and all the job assignments that they cover, also dont forget why you feel you're qualified to be a Deputy.

Leave a comment:

• Stugotz
    replied
    Originally posted by serenade84 View Post
    How'd it go? Super easy huh? So far the LASD is an incredibly easier hiring process than CHP and my local Sheriffs agency.
    The LASD hiring process gets more challenging in BGs.

Leave a comment:

• Berlioz
    replied
    Of the few orals Ive taken, the LASD was by far the least stressful/most laid back. Im sure you'll do fine.
    Last edited by Berlioz; 09-22-2008, 11:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• natural
    replied
    A BI interview refers to the background investigation interview. A personal history statement including important personal documents(social security card, marriage license, school transcripts, etc.) will be submitted to and evaluated by your background investigator.

Leave a comment:

• kingomar1
    replied
    What's a bi interview?

Leave a comment:

• serenade84
    replied
    How'd it go? Super easy huh? So far the LASD is an incredibly easier hiring process than CHP and my local Sheriffs agency.

Leave a comment:

• Showboat
    replied
    Good luck to you too!

Leave a comment:

• Superunknown
    replied
    Originally posted by Showboat View Post
    Here you go: http://www.lasd.org/recruitment/Oral_Interview.htm. I'm going to study it a little bit more tonight and tomorrow in the parking lot at Mira Loma.
    Yep, know all the material in that link.

Prepare well for the individual questions (why do you want to be a deputy, what have you done to prepare, what are your qualities, etc). Preparation will breed confidence!

I took the written & oral interview a month ago & passed. I'm turning in my background packet w/ all the required documents next week.

I've got testing for OCSD tomorrow. Good luck to everyone!
    Last edited by Superunknown; 09-05-2008, 11:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• Showboat
    replied
    Here you go: http://www.lasd.org/recruitment/Oral_Interview.htm. I'm going to study it a little bit more tonight and tomorrow in the parking lot at Mira Loma.

Leave a comment:

• siryessir
    replied
    I'm still wondering what to expect on the interview.

Leave a comment:

• Ricky_G
    replied
    Originally posted by siryessir View Post
    I took the written yesterday it was pretty easy. Sixty questions you have to get at least 33 right. After that you go into the lobby and wait for your results, after that you fill out a questionnaire. A BI comes out and talks to the group of test takers and tells them what to expect.Pretty much it, oh yeah they will schedule your interview for the next week, remember business attire!

I too was there last night... just pass your test and they will explain everything during your pre-questionnaire... if you still have questions, just ask the BI.

Leave a comment:

• siryessir
    replied
    I took the written yesterday it was pretty easy. Sixty questions you have to get at least 33 right. After that you go into the lobby and wait for your results, after that you fill out a questionnaire. A BI comes out and talks to the group of test takers and tells them what to expect.Pretty much it, oh yeah they will schedule your interview for the next week, remember business attire!

Leave a comment:

• ambeee3
    replied
    Any suggestions

So would anyone like to give me any last min. suggestions about what to expect on the written and oral exam?

Leave a comment:

• Stugotz
    replied
    Right, I don't want to give that away as you might be asked about it depending on your answers.

Google~

Leave a comment:

• IronBruin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ricky_G View Post
    know the difference between "letter of the law" and "spirit of the law" and how to apply these to given scenarios.

What are the meanings of "Letter of the law" & "Spirit of the law?"
    GOOGLE

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4414 users online. 274 members and 4140 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X