Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshals/Constables Departments in California?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshals/Constables Departments in California?

Are there any remaining Marshals or Constables Departments in CA?

I recently saw county Constables in TX, and city Marshals in NV so there are a few left in other states...
    Focused Recruit

Shasta County, San Benito County and Alameda County still have Marshal services.

I don't believe there are any Constables left. Most Justice courts have been merged with Municipal or Superior courts.
    Last edited by SgtCHP; 08-15-2008, 06:44 PM.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Sir, thank you!

I'll check their websites. I'm a history buff and Marshals/Constables have that nostalgia about 'em...
      Focused Recruit

Comment

There is Kamiah Marshall's Office in Idaho.
        Those who are successful at what they do don't give a rip about what others think about them.

We don't rent pigs.

Comment

California
          Historically, constables in California were attached to the justice courts, the lowest tier of the state court system (whereas sheriffs were attached to the county superior courts, and marshals to the municipal courts). When the state courts were unified in 2000, with the superior court fulfilling all judicial functions, the need for the position of constable was eliminated.[29] The few constables that remained on duty when the state courts were reorganized in 2000, even in remote regions of the state, were eventually absorbed into sheriff or police agencies. Constables as such had full police powers and carried out occasional to frequent patrol work in addition to their paper serving duties, and were attached to the former justice courts, and were either elected by popular vote or appointed by the presiding judge of the county's supreme court.
          Last edited by L8SHIFT; 08-17-2008, 01:42 PM. Reason: To be fair and not bash...
          LASD
          We do the best for less with less....

Comment

That sums it up..
            Last edited by L8SHIFT; 08-17-2008, 01:44 PM.
            LASD
            We do the best for less with less....

Comment

EXCELLENT! ! !
              Focused Recruit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6023 users online. 355 members and 5668 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X