300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Pat

Hey, this is kind of similar to my last thread so forgive me. I am applying to agencies in the bay area and to reduce the amount of times I am flying up there I am attempting to get all of the tests I can done here (San Diego). Does anyone know any agencies in, or around, San Diego that administer the POST PAT? The only one I can know of seems to be SDSO but they will only do it during the last portion of their hiring process, so that is not feasible.

Thank you!!

If you're willing to drive to Orange County, quite a few agencies use it there. I didn't realize PAT scores were transferrable, though.

BTW, you don't have to be in the tail-end of your background process to do the PAT at SDSD. You just have to be cognizant of the its 6-month life span and how that relates to a hire date. On the other hand, you're obviously not interested in any local agencies, so I'm not sure how ethical it is to use them in this way. Unlike the OC agencies, that will do the PAT en masse, SDSD will actually spend some time and money on you before the PAT, and that doesn't seem right.
    In backgrounds ...

Comment

Originally posted by Copp'rPenny View Post
      If you're willing to drive to Orange County, quite a few agencies use it there. I didn't realize PAT scores were transferrable, though.

BTW, you don't have to be in the tail-end of your background process to do the PAT at SDSD. You just have to be cognizant of the its 6-month life span and how that relates to a hire date. On the other hand, you're obviously not interested in any local agencies, so I'm not sure how ethical it is to use them in this way. Unlike the OC agencies, that will do the PAT en masse, SDSD will actually spend some time and money on you before the PAT, and that doesn't seem right.
      It seems several bay area agencies are using some sort of LE consortium that administers the basic POST written (a T-Score) and physical agility tests, then issues you a certificate that many other agencies will accept as long as it meets their specific requirements.

It really makes financial sense to do this and saves time as well.
      Those who are successful at what they do don't give a rip about what others think about them.

We don't rent pigs.

Comment

I see that. But for SDSD, by the time you do the PAT, you've taken the written, attended the background orientation, met with your BI and perhaps have turned in your PHS. Seems like a lot of trouble just to get a PAT score and a waste of the BI det's time.

In Orange County, I know Costa Mesa and Orange will accept your T-score and allow you to go straight to the PAT. I don't know if CMPD's is the POST PAT. Orange's is.
        In backgrounds ...

Comment

Originally posted by Copp'rPenny View Post

Do you know what agencies by chance? Ill take a drive over a flight anytime.
          Edit- reread your second post. Ill have to contact them

As per SDSD thats why I did not want to go to theirs...

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by barkalot View Post
            It seems several bay area agencies are using some sort of LE consortium that administers the basic POST written (a T-Score) and physical agility tests, then issues you a certificate that many other agencies will accept as long as it meets their specific requirements.

It really makes financial sense to do this and saves time as well.
            Yeah I wish the depts down here did it too. This is frustrating!! No one will give me the PAT without first applying to the dept., whereas up there you just go in and test openly. If anyone has any advice, or knows of places that do that down here please let me know!

Comment

For that reason, I really wish there was more standardization among agencies. I understand that the needs are quite different, but when I filled out the SDSO PHS, it was a lot LESS than what is asked for in the standard POST PHS.

I've taken the POST written test 3x now because agencies will not share or take another agencies score. If they could maybe add like supplemental PHS to the standard POST one, and allow community colleges to proctor the standard PAT, I think that would cut their hiring process down a lot.

Comment

You will have to put in an application with the OC agencies and submit the T-score to go to the PATs.

As for the SDSD PHS, I think that they ask for a LOT more specific information about the candidate's financial situation than the POST PHS. The POST version does want every job you've every had, but you don't have to list every bank account/credit card/loans (with account numbers) with actual balances/debts.
                In backgrounds ...

Comment

Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
                  For that reason, I really wish there was more standardization among agencies. I understand that the needs are quite different, but when I filled out the SDSO PHS, it was a lot LESS than what is asked for in the standard POST PHS.

I've taken the POST written test 3x now because agencies will not share or take another agencies score. If they could maybe add like supplemental PHS to the standard POST one, and allow community colleges to proctor the standard PAT, I think that would cut their hiring process down a lot.
                  +100. The app. process in SD compared to the bay area is night and day. I decided im going to have to take a trip up to San Jose and do the test there. Its super easy. I just take the test, then send the certs. for my POST written and PAT to any agency up there and thats it. If only it was that simple down here...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5117 users online. 292 members and 4825 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X