300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Desperate" LE Agencies

Please vote and let me know your thoughts on the matter.

Also, it would be nice to have a list of California agencies that offer these.
    That they are "desperate" to attract candidates?
    48.39%
    That they want to attract the "cream of the crop"?
    12.90%
    Neither
    38.71%
    Those who are successful at what they do don't give a rip about what others think about them.

We don't rent pigs.

It's a very competitive field out there and departments do everything they can to attract potential applicants. Although I wouldn't hesitate to looking at an agency with a signing bonus, departments that require officers to sign a contract requiring them to stay for X number of years (before leaving) would scare the heck out of me! (Bonus or not!)
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
      ...departments that require officers to sign a contract requiring them to stay for X number of years (before leaving) would scare the heck out of me! (Bonus or not!)
      There are some of those out there. I want to tell them, "Okay, I'll sign your agreement, if you'll sign mine that says you'll keep paying me if you release me from probation!"

I know of one agency that tried to enforce an agreement like this, but I think it may have been a verbal-only one. The agency lost.

I have also heard that an agency will not be able to recover any salary but only the actual cost of the training that was given. Your salary while going to an academy is pay for work you are doing. They can't "make" you work and pay you, then ask for it back later if you quit.
      Those who are successful at what they do don't give a rip about what others think about them.

We don't rent pigs.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4677 users online. 307 members and 4370 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X