300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkansas State Police

I am interested in the Arkansas State Police. I'm currently in Missouri. The ASP seems like a top notch organization. Is it? How tough is their selection process and recruit academy? Lastly, what about their pay. Their website says their starting pay is about $24,000, plus a $4,000 allowance for uniforms, etc., for a total of about $28,000 to start. That seems low. Is this correct? How quickly does the pay move up? Any info on the ASP is appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Originally posted by steve63640 View Post
    I am interested in the Arkansas State Police. I'm currently in Missouri. The ASP seems like a top notch organization. Is it? How tough is their selection process and recruit academy? Lastly, what about their pay. Their website says their starting pay is about $24,000, plus a $4,000 allowance for uniforms, etc., for a total of about $28,000 to start. That seems low. Is this correct? How quickly does the pay move up? Any info on the ASP is appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Word is the governor just raised their pay from 28k to 36k. May want to double check that, but I'm pretty sure it's correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Matto View Post
      Word is the governor just raised their pay from 28k to 36k. May want to double check that, but I'm pretty sure it's correct.
      Thanks! It seems like a good department, just that $28,000 was kind of hard to swallow.

Comment

Originally posted by steve63640 View Post
        Thanks! It seems like a good department, just that $28,000 was kind of hard to swallow.
        Yeah, if its true they did get the bump in pay which I am pretty positive is, they'll be one of the highest paid departments in the state, plus a take home unit.

Comment

They have a fresh colonel in ranks now. ASP itself is such an elite agency, but the pay (used to be anyway) ais real turnoff. I made more money dispatching than the officers made starting out. That's BAD!

Comment

Anybody know anything about a ASP lateral class happening anytime soon?

Comment

ASP Lateral Class

Looking to move back to AR. Would like to stay in law enforcement. Post Certified in another state. Does the ASP actually have lateral classes? If so how often? Is there a number to call?

Comment

Originally posted by GWRekab View Post
                Looking to move back to AR. Would like to stay in law enforcement. Post Certified in another state. Does the ASP actually have lateral classes? If so how often? Is there a number to call?
                Go to their website. The so called laterals are rare, and they are for officers already certified in Arkansas. I don't even know if you'd be able, but then I know nothing and don't even care to know anything about ASP.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2799 users online. 156 members and 2643 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X