Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gruntpain1775
    replied
    I know this is a necro post, but the law was just amended again regarding Constables uniforms. Bringing it back up since you might run into a Constable. Patches and badges remain a requirement, but the hat, tie and color of the uniform is out the window. They can wear whatever color they wish.

Leave a comment:

• AvalancheZ71
    replied
    I haven't seen any pictures of that one myself. That sounds like a clown costume. Black shirt, tan pants and a grey tie.

Leave a comment:

• paladin5150
    replied
    WOw

Any Picts of guys in this uniform requirement?

Leave a comment:

• AvalancheZ71
    replied
    Originally posted by Watchman View Post
    Interesting.

I occasionally work with some Constables and NONE of them are wearing the prescribed uniform.

Some wear the dark blue BDU's that the ASP wears, but with the 6 pointed star. The one for Appleton wears the same uniform as the Pope County Sheriffs. I've seen a few wear black BDu's and more than a few wear NO uniform. I do know that unless they have been to Part Time II that they will not get any return other than vehicle license. As far as I know ANY constable can attend any class by getting approval of the Country Sheriff and they can do it for free. Since Arkansas requires that those that attend be sponsered by some organization, all they have to do is get it OKed by the Sheriff.
    Well you did not see any constables wearing that uniform as the law had just passed. Have you see any wearing the prescribed uniform?

Leave a comment:

• Watchman
    replied
    Interesting.

I occasionally work with some Constables and NONE of them are wearing the prescribed uniform.

Some wear the dark blue BDU's that the ASP wears, but with the 6 pointed star. The one for Appleton wears the same uniform as the Pope County Sheriffs. I've seen a few wear black BDu's and more than a few wear NO uniform. I do know that unless they have been to Part Time II that they will not get any return other than vehicle license. As far as I know ANY constable can attend any class by getting approval of the Country Sheriff and they can do it for free. Since Arkansas requires that those that attend be sponsered by some organization, all they have to do is get it OKed by the Sheriff.

Leave a comment:

• Eddiebauer86
    replied
    I started a Thread in Tennessee.

Leave a comment:

• AvalancheZ71
    replied
    Yes, more than I know about AR constables.

Leave a comment:

• Eddiebauer86
    replied
    Do you happen to know anything about TN constables?

Leave a comment:

• AvalancheZ71
    replied
    I get on the Indiana forum far more than this one. I have studied the office of Constable and it's modern day capacity. I keep up on the laws and attorney general opinoins as well as case law on the subject. AR still has the office and I read up on it from time to time and thought that since the law passed, I would pass it along. I studied AR case law and statue before I posted the response to your question on these issue previously.

See REED v. STATE of Arkansas
    http://courts.state.ar.us/opinions/1...4/cr97-661.txt

Attorney General Opinions
    http://ag.arkansas.gov/opinions/docs/93-017.html
    http://ag.arkansas.gov/opinions/docs/2006-073.html

Leave a comment:

• Eddiebauer86
    replied
    Btw

By the way, what are you doing over here in the Arkansas forums Avalanche?

Leave a comment:

• AvalancheZ71
    replied
    No, Arkansas constables can only act in their elected township. They may pursue under the fresh pursuit laws in Arkansas. You just need to be a resident of the township and be registered to vote to run for election for constable.

Leave a comment:

• Eddiebauer86
    replied
    Bobo Uniform

I gotta agree, thats a nasty uniform. Does anyone know the Arkansas requirement for getting elected as a constable. Im talking about the process to get into the election. Also, whats their jurisdiction like, are they statewide, or set to a specific county?

Leave a comment:

• AvalancheZ71
    replied
    A black shirt with tan pants and a gray tie to top it off.

Leave a comment:

• arcop223
    replied
    If a Constable gets his power by the state constitution, as the sheriff does, I see some court battles over lawmakers trying to restrict it. When I was with the PD, we had some real good Constables, we also had some real $#ity ones. But, when I needed backup, I didn’t care if he was a farmer with double barrel.

Leave a comment:

• ArkansasFan24
    replied
    Is this for real? I support the training requirements totally, but mandating a specific uniform specifically a black one. That is ridiculous, and I'm sure the constable association will seek change in that regard. I'm not a constable by the way.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6237 users online. 363 members and 5874 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X