300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Memphis or Little Rock PD

Does anyone know if West Memphis or Little Rock are hiring and what the process is like for out of state Certified officers?

Also, does anyone work for these dept's and if so what are the areas like?

Little Rock wouldn't be so bad. I used to live there and dispatcher for a nearby agency.

2006 was a BAD year for them with murders. horrible homicide to population ratio. They're off to a better start this year.

They have pretty good coverage and a brand new paint scheme for the cruisers. That's got to boost morale. haha.
    Last edited by Mays; 04-15-2007, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks, but, I'm looking for action. So, crime problems don't bother me. I've not heard much about the area and may try there from Memphis if the job I rrrrreeeeaaallllyyy want in FL doesn't pan out.

Comment

Thanks, but, I'm looking for action. So, crime problems don't bother me. I've not heard much about the area and may try there from Memphis if the job I rrrrreeeeaaallllyyy want in FL doesn't pan out.
        Then you'd probably love Little Rock...the jail situation is the best part. It's for the most part closed. We had only a booking facility in our city and unless it was a pretty severe charge, it was pretty much book and release. The jail was the fullest of the full.

Comment

How is the funding for LRPD? I remember a while back a tax didn't pass in Pulaski(sp?) and they had to lay off a bunch of deputies.

Comment

Can anyone shed some light on LRPD and the process to apply if you are an out of state lateral?

Comment

No lateral entry. You have to go through the full academy.

Comment

I work next to LR and know a bunch of guys from W.Memphis. It seems to me like they both live a different kind of life. Some of the guys I know are crazy. As for the lateral transfer, we had a couple of our guys transfer over there and all they had to do was the last 6 weeks of the academy so you shouldnt have to go through the whole thing. And the last 6 weeks arent that bad mostly policy and procedure stuff.
                Wandering the world aimleesly since 2004.

Comment

Thanks Scott677, I'll give them a call today and speak with a recruiter.

Comment

Scott677, would you give me examples of "crazy"? You mean Krazy or hyped up?

Comment

I just went to a week long class with a few from w.memphis and heard stories that I dont even hear down around little rock. they were great guys but just wild. as for LR the guys I know seem to like it alot. There is not much pro active policing according to them because its call to call. but as you might know the bad guy is usually back on the street before you are. but its like that for all agencies in the county. If you got any more questions about more specifics just ask.
                      Wandering the world aimleesly since 2004.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6100 users online. 346 members and 5754 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X