X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is a civil penalty in AR?

Hey guys,

I wrote the last post "fiance got ticketed in AR"

I called the court for my GF and the lady at the court said she would turn the speeding ticket and make it a civil penalty. What does that mean?

Does that mean instead of it being a moving violation, its a non moving violation IE: parking ticket?

Will this be on her record?

Thank you to anyone who replies. No one has replied to my last thread.

It means you pay the citation but it does not reflect on your driving record at all. You will not see it reflected anywhere. Its the next best option to dismissing it.
    -

Comment

What line of enforcement are you or your wife in?

You mentioned Malvern Co. Did Malvern City? That's in Hot Spring County.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by paladin5150 View Post
        What line of enforcement are you or your wife in?

You mentioned Malvern Co. Did Malvern City? That's in Hot Spring County.
        Thank you for the info. I am a City police officer in Texas. It was a state trooper who wrote the citation. We don't have a civil penalty here. Our equivalent would be called deferred adjudication. U just pay a fine and as long as u don't get another ticket for 6 months, the ticket falls off ur record.

My Fiance and I were driving back from her parents house in Memphis. Thank you for explaining to me what a civil penalty is, that is much appreciated.

Comment

Well at least here in Arkansas it stays at the local court that received it. Its doesn't go to driver control or to your insurance report.

Its the best option sans not getting one in the first place. Sorry you picked up a fine.

Stay safe brother,

Happy Holidays!
          -

Comment

Originally posted by paladin5150 View Post
            Well at least here in Arkansas it stays at the local court that received it. Its doesn't go to driver control or to your insurance report.

Its the best option sans not getting one in the first place. Sorry you picked up a fine.

Stay safe brother,

Happy Holidays!
            It happens. The Trooper was probably 21-23 years old with less than 2 years on so I will chalk it up to that. However, I am sure if he and his fiance get stopped in TX, he would appreciate a warning. LOL.

Have a great Christmas and New year.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6282 users online. 343 members and 5939 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X