Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiance ticketed by state police this morning

Hey guys,

My Fiance and I were stopped by the AR State Police this morning. He basically said due to professional courtesy he would write my fiance for 7 over instead of 16 over. Is that the "norm" in AK when it comes to professional courtesy?

I really don't mind the citation since she was speeding and I do appreciate the professional courtesy but he literally came back to the car handed the citation to her and walked away. I tried to ask him a question but he just kept walking off. He was not polite nor was he respectful. He didn't explain how to take care of the ticket. Maybe in AK you guys don't give the options available to violators but in TX we do. I'm curious if this trooper simply chose not to give the options or do you guys typically just hand over the citation and leave it to the violator to contact the courts to figure it out?

My questions are...
    1. on the citation it states 1-15 over and to the right, there is a spot for points, its blank. Does that mean there are no points assessed to her out of state license or do the courts issue the points?
    2.towards the bottom it states 77 in a 70. Is there a price difference between 7 over and 1-15 over?
    3. Does AK offer online defensive driving or deferred adjudication for out of state drivers?
    4. Lastly, does anyone know how much this ticket will cost and how long it takes for the citation to appear in the online court system for Malvern county?

Thank you guys for taking the time to read my post and answer the questions.

Stay safe out there.
    Last edited by BankerBoy2646; 02-19-2015, 10:08 PM.

I got a ticket there in 2001 from AR state police. Don't remember the cost but did traffic school online. Pretty painless. Call the court clerks office. They will have all the details.

Comment

Try NOT chasing down the Officer next time as you weren't the one cited. He didn't have to speak with you...
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
        Try NOT chasing down the Officer next time as you weren't the one cited. He didn't have to speak with you...
        I am a police officer sir. I know he doesn't HAVEto talk to you. There are a lot of things people don't HAVE to do in this world but its about being courteous. With all the negative publicity we get that is not deserved, being short, rude and completely non helpful isn't the best way about changing the image. The only contact 99% of citizens will ever have with a cop is via a traffic stop. As an officer, that is a good time to show that we aren't all *******s, non caring individuals. 99% of traffic violators are just that...a good citizen with a decent job who simply broke a traffic law, there is no reason to treat them in the same manner you would a dirt bag. (I am still respectful with dirtbags and even address them by Mr.....or sir...unless they give me a reason not to treat them that way)

When I issue a citation (as long as the violator has been respectful and cooperative, I explain to them that they can request defensive driving or deferred disposition and if the court agrees to it and they follow the terms and conditions, the ticket will (go away) and they will not receive points nor will it hit their driving record.

I have had numerous violators contact my supervisor and even the court to let them know how kind I was to them and that if I hadn't explained their options, they would have just mailed in the ticket with payment and their insurance would have gone up etc...I even pulled over the 2nd in command at one of the largest police depts in the country and he told me I was one of the most respectful police officers he had ever encountered.

If the people in the vehicle are respectful, I am not to good nor to busy to answer their questions. ESPECIALLY IF THE PASSENGER IS AN IDENTIFIED POLICE OFFICER.I am out here to serve the citizens and thats what I do. I have a job to do and I write about 7-20 citations per day and I have yet to have one complaint. I'm sure I will someday but that wont keep me from using a traffic stop to try and make a positive impact with the violator.

At the end of the day, he can be however he wants however, being so damn rude that you actually have another cop so ****ed off he wants to write to your supervisor, thats not the best way to go. As a cop, you are not invisible or bullet proof. You say the wrong thing to the wrong guy at the very wrong time and it might be your last. There are many videos of cop killers out there that say they shot the cop simply because they were tired of being treated like second class citizens. They said if the officer would have talked to them in a respectful manner, it wouldn't have set them off and they would have never done what they done. I am certainly not condoning shooting anyone and I am certainly not saying these officers should have been shot but I am saying that according to the offenders, the officers attitude was a major influence on their decision to act. I am sure you've heard of the convicts that have said they did what the did because the officers uniform was desheveled or they were not fit and they felt like they could take him.

Bottom line, treat others how you would like to be treated in their shoes. You know, I know and everyone else knows that if I stopped his fiance and treated her and him like he did us, he would not have been to happy.
        Last edited by BankerBoy2646; 02-19-2015, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Did you flash your badge at him? ID yourself as a cop without being asked? That ****es me off to no end. Your wife caused the issue. Relax, she did get a cut in the speed as a courtesy...

Comment

I hate to be THAT guy but if you are going to criticize... at least be correct yourself. Its AR (Arkansas) not AK (Alaska). Really diminishes your argument. Or if you did mean AK (Alaska), you posted in the wrong forum.

Comment

Lol, I noticed the typo but I couldn't figure out how to edit the subject line.

Comment

And what kind of Doosh cop fangs another Officer because they got their feelings hurt? You really take the cake...

Comment

Did you flash your badge at him? ID yourself as a cop without being asked? That ****es me off to no end. Your wife caused the issue. Relax, she did get a cut in the speed as a courtesy...
                  No, I didn't flash my badge. I told him that I had a firearm on my hip, he asked me if I had a CCW (and I dont know why he asked me for that but maybe you need a ccw in AR to have it in your car) I explained that I was a police officer and showed my ID.

Isn't that how most of you would have wanted it handled? I know I would want a passenger to tell me he had a gun.

Comment

And what kind of Doosh cop fangs another Officer because they got their feelings hurt? You really take the cake...
                    I don't know what you mean by "fang" If I was a Doctor and went to a doctor who was an *******, yeah, I might vent a little. I probably wouldn't write to the medical board.

I said I wanted to write his supervisor. I didnt actually do it.

Comment

Welcome to Officer.com. Where everything you say is misinterpreted and held against you. It's also CCCSD's personal troll playground because he has nothing better to do with his life.

Comment

I told my wife to keep her mouth shut and take the ticket if she ever got stopped. She was stopped by a very polite officer one day, and while he was explaining where her court would be held, she told him she knew where it was. He asked why, she told him her husband worked there, and he let her go. Had she been ticketed, I would have called the phone number on the back of the ticket to learn how much it would cost and either mailed a check or paid in person. Defensive driving is probably available to out-of-state violators if she wants to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Eleven Bravo View Post
                          Welcome to Officer.com. Where everything you say is misinterpreted and held against you. It's also CCCSD's personal troll playground because he has nothing better to do with his life.
                          No one misinterpreted. Perhaps English is beyond your ken, but then again, what do you expect from cops who think they have to MMQ anyone who dares ticket their wife... Dumbass...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5900 users online. 339 members and 5561 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X