Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Apply to Springdale or Rogers PD in August?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Apply to Springdale or Rogers PD in August?

If so how far along are you in the process?
    Academy Starts in January

First day working at station Nov 9th!!!

Can you say excited?

I'm not. I like my job, but if I were looking to become a city officer again I'd probably apply to Fayetteville. I've done civil service before. That's such a PITA to go through.

Do the cities you mentioned have good perks, college pay differential, certificate pay, all that?

Comment

Those are great questions which I don't know. With that said how can I find out?

Can you say excited?

Comment

Originally posted by NJbornARmade View Post
        Those are great questions which I don't know. With that said how can I find out?
        Websites? City personnel office? An applicant packet from the respective P.D?

Comment

I haven't been hired yet, I will know on Monday or Tuesday (when my psych results come back.) so I haven't recieved the packet. I have been trying to hunt information via google but it leads me to the city's website and I can't find it there.

Can you say excited?

Comment

My friend recently got hired by Rogers PD (Got off FTO about a month ago) He loves it however I know he did say he was applying to an area department because the pay was better but I do not remember the department. Pretty sure he said it was close to Rogers. As far as Rogers goes though he loves it

Comment

Awesome. I passed my Psych and all they are waiting on is my drug test. I don't do drugs so I will be good and then I can put in my 2 week notice. I am looking forward to it.

Can you say excited?

Comment

NJborn where did you get hired?

Springdale PD has cerificate pay, uniform allowance, take home unit, just to name a few. Springdale PD does not rotate shifts like Rogers PD or Bentonville PD.
                Last edited by ArkLawman; 10-26-2009, 03:59 PM. Reason: added more info
                "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
                -George Orwell

Comment

I am getting hired for Rogers PD. I applied for Springdale but was 29th in the certified list, they have to go though a couple before I was going to be called by them. Do you have any other info on Rogers PD?

Can you say excited?

Comment

No, not really. Rogers PD seems to be good, I love black and white cars. Rogers has really improved their tax base, which is good for all city employees. Good luck with everything and stay safe.
                    "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
                    -George Orwell

Comment

I heard Springdale was about to hire 10. If you go to Springdale dont plan on getting a raise anytime soon, not to mention LOPFI (retirement) just went up because the city wont pay the difference. Also, SPD has Blue Cross/shield health insurance which costs approx 140 a month if you have a family. I dont know what it costs if you are single. I know the moral is an issue also. This is just things they are going to tell you but you have to see for yourself.

The upside to Springdale is that a they have some really good officers, wouldnt you agree lawman? They do great work also. Of all the deparments in the region I would work there if I had to go back to municiple law enforcement. Good luck in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by ArkLawman View Post
                        NJborn where did you get hired?

Springdale PD has cerificate pay, uniform allowance, take home unit, just to name a few. Springdale PD does not rotate shifts like Rogers PD or Bentonville PD.
                        You get take home units from the outset?

Comment

I tested at Rogers a few years ago, they have a really nice Police Department. Their vehicles seem a bit old, though, considering the amount of revenue the city is/was pulling in there for a while. Not sure about morale at Rogers, curious if anyone has anything to add there. Springdale seems like a busy city but not a lot of money there.

Comment

Originally posted by Box3r View Post
                            I heard Springdale was about to hire 10. If you go to Springdale dont plan on getting a raise anytime soon, not to mention LOPFI (retirement) just went up because the city wont pay the difference. Also, SPD has Blue Cross/shield health insurance which costs approx 140 a month if you have a family. I dont know what it costs if you are single. I know the moral is an issue also. This is just things they are going to tell you but you have to see for yourself.

The upside to Springdale is that a they have some really good officers, wouldnt you agree lawman? They do great work also. Of all the deparments in the region I would work there if I had to go back to municiple law enforcement. Good luck in the process.

I would agree that they have good officers

The insurance amount is correct. What does Rogers, Fayetteville & Bentonville have?

The morale depends on who you ask. I know we had a lot of guys showing up to test, wanting to work at SPD. Things could be better, but things could be MUCH MUCH worse. I enjoy it, I would like more money but who wouldn't. I won't say that I agree with everything but is there a place I would. I guess I choose to enjoy it for the good things.

If you want to do police work, Springdale has plenty. Springdale is growing and changing. I think things will continue to improve. Some people will complain no matter what, and some people will continue to enjoy the job.

Im not sure what the latest "thought" of when you get your take home. I think it is 1 year from date of hire.
                            Last edited by ArkLawman; 10-27-2009, 03:59 PM. Reason: added more info
                            -George Orwell

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. From what was said it seems like rogers doesn't have much "police work". However I know that drugs is a problem in the area specifically meth. In fact a few weeks ago there was a drug related shooting. With that said, how prevelant do you guys think drugs are in the NWA area and do different LE agencies help each other with drug dealers and drug users hopping between towns in NWA.

Can you say excited?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3550 users online. 193 members and 3357 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X