300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving your own car on duty

Any one know of any agencies that have the deputies/officers buy the own cars, excluding Constables, and Arkansas County Sheriff deputies?

No.

Constables aren't departments. They are elected officials and nothing more.
    Invisible Signature.......FAIL

Comment

True, but I have not heard of any that had a vehicle furnished by the county. I know Arkansas County Sheriff Department furnishes there own cars, and get paid mileage. I just wonder if any other agency has this system.
      Last edited by arcop223; 10-12-2009, 12:50 PM. Reason: revised

Comment

Only place that I knew did it was Hawaii. Had a guy retire from there and come to our dept. (Hawaii to FL,,,talk about long distance) and when he came stateside he still had his Mustang decked out w/all the lights n switches.

Comment

Originally posted by arcop223 View Post
          True, but I have not heard of any that had a vehicle furnished by the county. I know Arkansas County Sheriff Department furnishes there own cars, and get paid mileage. I just wonder if any other agency has this system.
          Constables aren't agents of the County. They are agents of the particular Townsip that they were elected by. Therefore the County wouldn't provide them with anything.

Comment

A simle NO wood have been good. Man.......

Comment

Guess I won't ever be working for Arkansas County? Where is that? Stuttgart?

Provide your own police car? Crazy. I'd rather provide myself with another job, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
                Guess I won't ever be working for Arkansas County? Where is that? Stuttgart?

Provide your own police car? Crazy. I'd rather provide myself with another job, lol.
                Yeah, Stuttgart, DeWitt, etc. Not much down there except ducks and rednecks.

Comment

Originally posted by RDEP View Post
                  Yeah, Stuttgart, DeWitt, etc. Not much down there except ducks and rednecks.
                  And plenty of rice! Maybe Uncle Ben is down there somewhere.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3939 users online. 199 members and 3740 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X