300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobs in NW Arkansas

Any small department hiring in the NW. By small I mean no more than about 18 officers.

"SO OTHERS MAY LIVE"
    You have to go out, but you don't have to come back!!

Coming to a CRACK HOUSE NEAR YOU!!!!!

How'd you come up with the number "18?"

Comment

I worked for a dept. that had about the same number and it seemed to be about the right size for me. We had 2 or 3 officers on per shift and it worked out pretty good. So I'd like to find something about the same size.

"SO OTHERS MAY LIVE"

Comment

Oh ok then.

Comment

Sulphur Springs is looking for another police chief. The chief and one full time officer, is all they have, so it doesn't get much smaller than that. Centerton has a couple of spots open, they have 10-15 full time officers. Lowell had a spot open, last I heard. They are about 10-15 full time officers.

Comment

You ever run across cops in those little towns that wear a badge proclaiming them "chief" when in fact there is no other person employed by the same department?

Comment

Yep, thats Sulphur Springs. I threw that one in there as a joke. Seeing that that town has had around 10 different "Chiefs'" in the last year or so. The second to last "Chief" was promoted to the position before he had even graduated from the auxillary academy . He was only there for a couple of months. Scary as hell.

Comment

Yeah, I think Norphlet has a chief that's actually a part-time guy supervising other part-time guys.

Comment

When I was a police officer in Oklahoma, I went to a regional academy with a guy that was a Lieutenant. One day, curiosity got the best of me , so I asked him what rated a Lieutenant having to attend the police academy?
                  He told me, that his department is a two man force, and the day the Chief hired him, the Chief told him that since he is the Chief and there are only two of them, that he could pick whatever rank he wanted to be….so the guy those Lieutenant…..

Personally, I would have chose Major or something...why sell yourself short...

Comment

Originally posted by statebear View Post
                    When I was a police officer in Oklahoma, I went to a regional academy with a guy that was a Lieutenant. One day, curiosity got the best of me , so I asked him what rated a Lieutenant having to attend the police academy?
                    He told me, that his department is a two man force, and the day the Chief hired him, the Chief told him that since he is the Chief and there are only two of them, that he could pick whatever rank he wanted to be….so the guy those Lieutenant…..

Personally, I would have chose Major or something...why sell yourself short...
                    Fouke, Arkansas is or was like that. There was a chief and a captain.

Comment

Well I applied at Lowell on Monday and they called me that same day to set up an interview for today (Wednesday). I think it went pretty well. Department seems to be about the right size (18-20 officers including the cheif). Gotta fill out a personal history paper and mail it back then we go from there. The Chief said they're looking to hire someone by the end of the month, so I think I stand a pretty good chance..... Wish me luck and I'll keep ya'll posted.

"SO OTHERS MAY LIVE"

Comment

Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
                        You ever run across cops in those little towns that wear a badge proclaiming them "chief" when in fact there is no other person employed by the same department?
                        Well, that would be the Chief then.
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by paladin5150 View Post
                          Well, that would be the Chief then.
                          Chief of what though....

Wouldn't that be like a General with no Army...

Comment

Originally posted by statebear View Post
                            Chief of what though....

Wouldn't that be like a General with no Army...
                            Bear shares my logic. How is there a chief without indians? If he were the only indian then he'd just be......indian.

Comment

Originally posted by quallze View Post
                              Well I applied at Lowell on Monday and they called me that same day to set up an interview for today (Wednesday). I think it went pretty well. Department seems to be about the right size (18-20 officers including the cheif). Gotta fill out a personal history paper and mail it back then we go from there. The Chief said they're looking to hire someone by the end of the month, so I think I stand a pretty good chance..... Wish me luck and I'll keep ya'll posted.
                              Good Luck!
                              Academy Starts in January

First day working at station Nov 9th!!!

Can you say excited?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4791 users online. 290 members and 4501 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X