300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont pass a cop. At least not DPS!!!

So here I was driving down the street in the city I work. Doing 50 in a 40. Here is a DPS officer in the number 1 lane doing about 40. I am in the number 2 lane doing about 50. As I start to pass him, he hits me with his siren. Um yeah so I slowed down to see if I knew him. Then once I realized I didnt, off I went. I think once he saw my 28 he realized I didnt care about his blast of the siren. My point is come on. Maybe its the difference between city cops and the Highway Patrol, but 10 over on a six lane road with a large medium. Not unreasonable. I would be embarrassed to stop someone or even make an issue of that speed. Maybe thats why I only cite on criminal speed.

Yeah....it is what it is.

I've never given a ticket for 10 over in the city....except for in school zones. Where you driving a department vehicle or was it your POV?

Comment

It was my POV. If it was a PD car I would have taken of faster.

Comment

Originally posted by StalkerCop View Post
        So here I was driving down the street in the city I work. Doing 50 in a 40. Here is a DPS officer in the number 1 lane doing about 40. I am in the number 2 lane doing about 50. As I start to pass him, he hits me with his siren. Um yeah so I slowed down to see if I knew him. Then once I realized I didnt, off I went. I think once he saw my 28 he realized I didnt care about his blast of the siren. My point is come on. Maybe its the difference between city cops and the Highway Patrol, but 10 over on a six lane road with a large medium. Not unreasonable. I would be embarrassed to stop someone or even make an issue of that speed. Maybe thats why I only cite on criminal speed.

Did he know you were LEO? How would he tell from your 28?

Comment

Originally posted by RRA640 View Post
          Did he know you were LEO? How would he tell from your 28?
          Yeah....thats what I was getting at. I try not to tempt DPS to stop me.....I've heard stories of certain DPS officers encounters with off duty LEO's for civil traffic violations.

Comment

DSP airhorned me and yelled at me over the p.a. for doing 5 MPH over on hwy 95 in Fort Mojave, right as we passed the speed reduction zone.

It's all good as long as I don't get stopped and cited.

Comment

Maybe it was a slow day for him. :lol:

Comment

Should have been more specific about my personalized 28 which usually only LEO's would get. I dont temp any officer while off duty but being a cop or not, there is nothing unreasonable and prudent about going 10 over on a six lane road.

Comment

Its actually called a "Median" not "Medium"...

Damn town clowns...
                  sigpic

Comment

"Should have been more specific about my personalized 28 which usually only LEO's would get."

Cops are not the only ones around that get the jyst of stuff on lic plates. If a cop knows what it is, guaranteed the more seasoned criminals know too.

Also, it is not good idea to pass any motor cop or DPS guy when they are doing the speed limit. Those guys live to write. Many dont give a rats a55 if ur a cop either.

Comment

Originally posted by goodcopbadcop View Post

Also, it is not good idea to pass any motor cop or DPS guy when they are doing the speed limit. Those guys live to write. Many dont give a rats a55 if ur a cop either.
                      Thats a BS statement.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ooops. Medium/median. Crap, its not like I write accident reports all day.

Everyone should understand my plate. Its "IMACOP". Just joking guys

Well I guess when traffic is your job, no one better dare pass.
                        Last edited by StalkerCop; 08-08-2008, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by StalkerCop View Post
                          Ooops. Medium/median. Crap, its not like I write accident reports all day.

Everyone should understand my plate. Its "IMACOP". Just joking guys

Well I guess when traffic is your job, no one better dare pass.
                          Fuggin A!
                          sigpic

Comment

DPS- Don't Patrol S#!t

Daylight Patrol Service- In bed before the streetlights come on.

DPS- Did we Phone the Sheriff? I heard this one from an advisor in the academy, about fell out of my chair I laughed so hard.

Seriously though, I've got a lot of DPS friends and I respect them alot. It seems to me, though, that DPS has a higher percentange of "chip on the shoulder" types when it comes to simple traffic stuff. I know thats their primary job, but even so....I'm right up there with Stalkercop, I usually don't even stop for 10 over unless its a school zone, residential, or I've got some other PC. I don't think I've ever written anyone for less than 12 over....
                            Last edited by thirdgod; 08-08-2008, 05:52 AM. Reason: ninja edit
                            1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

Not to sight the Irony too much but, isn't going the speed limit the law? Isn't it your job to display lawful behavior at all times? The attitude that you are above the law no matter how insignificant you believe the law to be, is dangerous. In a patrol car, we have a pass to exceed the posted limit if the situation warrants. In our POV, we are suseptable to the same limits and regulations as everyone else.

Sorry to be blunt, no offense intended.
                              -918-

Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. James 3:18

Clinging to my guns and religion since 1975

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3011 users online. 142 members and 2869 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X