300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona Certification Question

Quick question for everyone out there in Az. I am a Class II Special Police Officer in NJ. Similar to the "part-time" officers that someone mentioned a couple threads below this. Anyway, I went through a 26 week academy, and while on duty, I have all of the duties and powers of a full-time law enforcement officer. My question is, will AZ certification accept my cert or would I need to re-attend the academy of whatever dept I goto?
    Thanks in advance

In all honesty your best bet is to call AZPOST directly and ask. If you stick to this forum most people on here, including me, will likely tell you that you would have to go through the academy again. In AZ, there is only one certification, either you are or you aint, it removes a lot of confusion. Go directly to the source. Good luck.
    You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

I agree that you should call AZPOST directly...

I think both Phoenix and Mesa have certification that you describe for volunteer positions, at least they did. You might do some digging on their websites as well, or give one of their recruiters a call.

Comment

Thanks guys, appreciate the help. Will be coming out from NJ next month to test with Tempe, hope all goes well.

Comment

I transferred here from NJ, I think now the POST minimum standard is 500 training hours. So unless you attended a full time academy in NJ with those minimum hours I dont think you will be able to qualify. I think to be a lateral they want 2 years minimum full time patrol experience. From what I remember about Specials in NJ they were mostly hired for summer gigs down the shore towns from May until Sept. I dont think that would qualify but you could try it anyway. One thing to remember policing out here is much different then back East!

Comment

Really? When I went to AZ Post website, I thought it said in order to be eligible, you had to have at least 2 years experience? Anyway, my academy was over 600hrs. I'll have to ask some of the recruiters with the PD's I'm testing and see what their requirements are.
            Thanks again guys

Comment

Originally posted by rtpd151 View Post
              Really? When I went to AZ Post website, I thought it said in order to be eligible, you had to have at least 2 years experience? Anyway, my academy was over 600hrs. I'll have to ask some of the recruiters with the PD's I'm testing and see what their requirements are.
              Thanks again guys
              Last edited by cityblusuit; 08-09-2008, 03:14 PM. Reason: deleted
              You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5908 users online. 323 members and 5585 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X