300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for DPS - question

I'm down to my final 50 days left in the army, so I started filling out a application for DPS as a cadet officer. When I came down to my military history part, I realized I won't have my DD214 until I get out. I emailed one of the HR people the other day, and haven't gotten a reply yet.

I basically asked if I would be able to submit the application now and provide my DD214 once I'm out and back in AZ. Does anyone know if that is possible?

Originally posted by airborneinf2005 View Post
    I'm down to my final 50 days left in the army, so I started filling out a application for DPS as a cadet officer. When I came down to my military history part, I realized I won't have my DD214 until I get out. I emailed one of the HR people the other day, and haven't gotten a reply yet.

I basically asked if I would be able to submit the application now and provide my DD214 once I'm out and back in AZ. Does anyone know if that is possible?

Call Human Resources, they should be able to give you a straight answer.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Last edited by Ritchie; 10-17-2008, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I got a email from them today saying I can do that

Comment

any one testing in Yuma on the 19th?

Comment

I know your problem is solved but when I separated from the AF I went to our outprocessing sector and they gave me a letter of confirmation for separation that included my date, security clearance status and expiration, and type of discharge. Not sure if its the same in yoru service.. or at all since this was 4 years ago.. but it could help ya out if they do.

Comment

I told someone awhile back about a "letter of service" that I could get to prove the character of my service, which serves in some cases, but not in others. My academy required a copy of a DD-214 prior to attendance...the letter of service wouldn't work. So when I did my out-processing, they gave me a certified true copy of my 214 just so I could attend the academy. Good luck with whatever works for you.
              Do I look like a freakin "people" person??? Sign here, press hard, five copies.

Comment

sgt0704, I'll be joining you bright and early at the track, good luck to you.

Comment

well, i passed everything from phase 1. now on to phase 2.

Comment

Congrats Sarge, where are you looking to work?

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies
                    Be brave and upright, that GOD may love thee
                    Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death
                    Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong"

Comment

i hope yuma... but i doubt i'll get it...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3769 users online. 141 members and 3628 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X