Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well I got the call today from Phoenix Police....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I got the call today from Phoenix Police....

Written taken on 5/23/08. I got the final good news today (7/29/08). I have to say that it is a tough competitive process. The key thing is to not get discouraged. There will be something that will give you some kind of a problem along the way.

Congrats Ninja. It went really fast for you. Which class month are you getting into?

Comment

Originally posted by Cunuck View Post
      Congrats Ninja. It went really fast for you. Which class month are you getting into?
      Thanks man! They told me that they want me to work in the main downtown building until the academy starts in September. I have been told that August classes for the academy are already filled up.

Comment

Good to hear. I know what you mean about something will give you a problem. I ran into so many issues I started to get extremely discouraged myself. I took my written on 6/5/08 and my BI let me know today she just submitted my background info for a conditional hire. She doesn't know how long it will take them to approve it though, and then I still have the psych/medical, but at least I should be moving along with you. They really are flying through this right now!!

Congrats

Comment

First off congrats Ninja!!!
          Sublimejhn your time is coming soon. If you made it past the background phase your good to go. Unless your crazy.

I just started with Phoenix on Monday. They told us we are up against the July 14th group of pre-hires. The group with the highest pt scores will be put in the August class. They said they have 25-28 spots open to fill. Jt81 will be in the group (Good Luck). As it is now I'm slotted to go September 8th. If my pt scores are better then others in the group, they will move me into the August class.

They have me working in one of the precincts, so far its pretty cool.

Good luck Sublimejhn!!
          I'm sure I'll see both of you guys soon. Put on your running shoes its gonna be a long ride!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Thanks guys! Sub you will be fine. Im sure your time is coming real soon.

Comment

Congrats Ninja!

Wow, they really are flying with these now if Sublimejhn took written at beginning of June and is already submitted for Conditional!!!! holy smokes!

As for me....still waiting and took written at beginning of April I believe.

Comment

congrats and be safe!
                  "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by flyer2007 View Post
                    Congrats Ninja!

Wow, they really are flying with these now if Sublimejhn took written at beginning of June and is already submitted for Conditional!!!! holy smokes!

As for me....still waiting and took written at beginning of April I believe.
                    I know, they are moving way faster than what I have been told they would. And yesterday my BI submitted me for conditional and said she didn't know how long it would take to get approved, well she already called me today with the conditional hire!! I fly out there for my medical on the 5th and psych on the 6th and 8th, with another fun PT test on the 7th. But she has me set for an actual hire date of Aug 25th so I have some time to take care of all the stuff I have been putting off here in MI. If by chance I can't get hired on the 25th though she said I would get a Sept 8th hire. So if everything goes as planned at this point I will have a June 5th written, and an August 25th hire, Just over 2 and a half months!! Plus I am out of state which I think has drug things out longer than they would have been otherwise. It's amazing the difference between finding a job in AZ vs MI right now. I love it!!

No doubt if you want in fast Phoenix is the dept to go for right now

Now if only I could find a round trip ticket for less than $600 this time!! Every other time was around $300-$350, I don't know what's so special about the beginning of August but man is that killing me

Comment

Originally posted by sublimejhn View Post
                      Now if only I could find a round trip ticket for less than $600 this time!! Every other time was around $300-$350, I don't know what's so special about the beginning of August but man is that killing me
                      Looked at the price of oil/fuel lately? There's your answer.

Comment

written to final offer - 2 months and 3 days.
                        Goodness gracious that is fast.

Congratulations !!!
                        Last edited by Ritchie; 07-30-2008, 05:43 PM. Reason: forgot to say congrats

Comment

Originally posted by flyer2007 View Post
                          Looked at the price of oil/fuel lately? There's your answer.
                          Haha, true but I just flew a month ago for $350, gasoline didn't jump up that much in a month. Actually I believe it dropped a little

Comment

Originally posted by sublimejhn View Post
                            Haha, true but I just flew a month ago for $350, gasoline didn't jump up that much in a month. Actually I believe it dropped a little
                            Jet fuel and gasoline are two different things. Airlines hiked ticket prices a ton the last month, a few times I think. Oil has gone down in the past couple weeks, but airline tickets went the opposite way. My girlfriend's grandma just passed away, so her parents are looking at tickets from Phoenix to Milwaukee....OUTRAGEOUS!! Even with the bereavement discount they were sky high...no pun intended.

Does Phoenix still offer the $2,000 bonus? I think part is paid after completion of the Academy, and the other part is paid after probation? If so, that would eventually cover some of the interviewing/relocating costs. Just gotta think of it is "deferred reimbursement". Hehe.

My mind is still blown away by the 2-month timeframe; that is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja1234 View Post
                              Thanks man! They told me that they want me to work in the main downtown building until the academy starts in September. I have been told that August classes for the academy are already filled up.
                              What would you be doing for them there?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3416 users online. 215 members and 3201 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X