300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who have attended ALEA...

I haven't received a call or anything like that, but just curious, are there nearby areas (near ALEA) that are nice places to live? Do recruits typically live pretty close to the academy while attending and then move if they want afterwards? For someone relocating from out-of-state, do HR departments typically send out any type of relocation packages with information?

I am in the in process for PHX PD and hope to hear something soon, one way or the other.

The further west and east you go from ALEA, the better. The area immediately around it is a pit. There are some decent apartments within 10 miles in any direction. Lot's a highways to get around. There are also many, many local guys here who can help you find a place.
    -918-

Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. James 3:18

Clinging to my guns and religion since 1975

Comment

Don't live near the academy...it's in the middle of the hood and the nice houses they do have down there you won't be able to afford anyway...I wouldn't live anywhere in south Phoenix...or out in the west side unless you like hearing spanish 24/7 everywhere you go

Comment

North of Peoria? I'd make that North of Bell. In between 32nd and 7th ave is good but again if you're North of Bell, Union Hills is better.

Go east. Live in Tempe with the college kids. Easy to get to ALEA that early in the morning on I-10. Easy to get home. Nice place to live. Apartments are reasonable (usually) and you are close to the airport if you get homesick and want to fly home for the weekend. When you get out of FTO, you can move to Gilbert, North Scottsdale, Anthem, Surprise or Buckeye.

HotSoup, he's gonna have to learn Spanish anyway.
        -918-

Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. James 3:18

Clinging to my guns and religion since 1975

Comment

I have not been to the academy yet. I live in South Scottsdale and love it. There are a ton of nice apartments and condos all around. North Scottsdale is really nice.

Comment

I used to live in Chandler. nice area and close enough to ALEA

Comment

ps I lived in Tempe for 2 and a half years while attending ASU. Be careful where you live there. There is some totally out of control partying in some apartments. The 18-21 crowd in particular. You may not want to be woken up at 3:30 am on a Tuesday morning from some drunk dumbass.

Comment

You'll run into the West/East debate here, and the odd duck that lives in Phoenix itself. Don't live near the academy. Live in Tempe/Chandler/Gilbert, as another poster said .... it'll take 30 mins to get to ALEA in the morning, and is a far nicer side of town than 48st/Baseline to 51A/ Baseline.

If u like it, and make the academy/FTO, you can move nearer to whichever precinct you work, or fancy.

Comment

918 I know man but still he probably doesn't want to hear it everywhere he goes....when I first moved out to Gilbert after living in Phoenix for so long I was at WalMart and it took me a second to figure out what was wrong....everyone was speaking English lol

Comment

Thanks for all the great responses! Still premature because I haven't been selected, but just wanted to get a general concensus. I have been in the Gilbert area quite a bit, love the area. I just didn't want the 30-minute commute every morning, but I suppose it isn't that bad since you get to live in a decent area.

Would it be easy to find another recruit as a roommate? Recommended?

Comment

Bro, there is a nice community right next to ALEA's main entrance. When you run by it in the morning you can smell the fresh bacon and fabric softner in the community. Its a cute little trailer park. If your lucky maybe you can pick one up right next to the wall and you can practice your six foot wall jump ever morning on your way to the academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6798 users online. 349 members and 6449 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X