300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tucson PD

Is anyone else in the process with TPD from May testing?

I received a long email last week that basically said I would continue in the process for the October academy....It also said don't quit your current job etc...etc...

Offers should be sent out by Aug 27th. My question-does TPD contact my references via mail or phone? When will that start and how long before I get to interview with the background investigator?

I am sooooo anxious about this. The waiting is killing me..well not really

Thanks

Sorry man I'm hoping to be able to test in September for the Academy that would take place early next year and try my luck with PCS as well just in case. Good luck to you though and maybe you'll see me around one day!!!

Tucson Police Department
    07/27/08 : Applied
    09/27/08 : Written Test 89/100
    09/28/08 : PT Test Finished Top 3 In Group A
    09/29/08 : Oral Board I Must've Done Well
    10/03/08 : Eligibility Rank #3 Of 51 Remaining
    10/13/08 : Polygraph Passed
    10/15/08 : BI Initiated

Arizona Highway Patrol
    08/18/08 : Applied
    10/13/08 : Withdrawn

Pima County Sheriffs
    10/25/08 : PT Test
    10/25/08 : Written Test
    10/27/08 : Oral Board

"An Arizona Law Enforcement Hopeful"

Comment

Most of the reference contact will be done via telephone. The BI will usually call you/have you come in if there are further questions stemming from what your reference may have said.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have discovered just how badly I want to return to Law Enforcement...My references should be okay...I explained everything in my personal history questionnaire...I have heard that there are maybe only 8 slots for TPD in next academy, I plan on being one of them

Comment

WOW only 8 slots for the upcoming academy???? Hopefully they'll have a few more for the one early next year; I'll be turning in my application here this weekend (on the site it says they will start taking apps on the 27th). I took a ride-a-long with those folks and had a good time. So far I've gotten a ride with PCS and now TPD; the only one that has not happened yet is with Highway Patrol. Well good luck to you and look forward to hearing how things go with you!

Tucson Police Department

Arizona Highway Patrol

Pima County Sheriffs

Comment

I think the people are great at both PCSO and TPD. I am in the process for both right now. TPD is my first choice as their benefit package beats the SO hands down. But honestly if I am lucky enough to get hired by either dept I will take the first job offer that comes my way.

Good Luck!!!

Comment

Anyone know if TPD is ever going to start accepting out of state laterals or come up with a modified lateral academy? went through the basic academy 18 years ago, not up to doing another full academy.

Comment

I'm not aware of a time when Tucson ever accepted out of state laterals. They don't even have an expidited process for in-state laterals, the only thing different is you go right to FTO.
                1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

thanks for the info, do you know of any agencies besides phoenix and mesa that accept out of state laterals? can't stand cali, it is time to come home...

Comment

Originally posted by WPD954 View Post
                    thanks for the info, do you know of any agencies besides phoenix and mesa that accept out of state laterals? can't stand cali, it is time to come home...
                    As a native Californian I wouldn't even want to go back there anymore but to visit for a few days. I'm here in AZ to stay hopefully as I'm a South West person for life!!!
                    Last edited by jshawn; 08-05-2008, 10:19 PM.

Tucson Police Department

Arizona Highway Patrol

Pima County Sheriffs

Comment

Just wanted to update on my TPD process...I still haven't heard from a bkgrnd investigator and neither have my references. Job offers are supposed to happen by August 25th. Is no news good news? I am unsure of the TPD process after the poly has been passed.

Sorry for the whining....

Comment

For sure Jshawn.......I got dragged out of AZ as a youngster by my parents, now I'm tyring to get out of this place.

Comment

I just applied for TPD, sent in my pre screen, and just got an e-mail saying I was dq'd. Have a clean background, driving, criminal, credit, employment, etc. and I have no idea why? Found it odd. I'm not worrying about it as there are plenty of other PDs, but I don't know how I can be dq'd even before a test, where there is nothing in my background. Anyone else ever experience this from them? Maybe it's because I live out east...lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg View Post
                            I just applied for TPD, sent in my pre screen, and just got an e-mail saying I was dq'd. Have a clean background, driving, criminal, credit, employment, etc. and I have no idea why? Found it odd. I'm not worrying about it as there are plenty of other PDs, but I don't know how I can be dq'd even before a test, where there is nothing in my background. Anyone else ever experience this from them? Maybe it's because I live out east...lol!!!
                            The pre-screen? Meaning the mini-questionnaire thats about 10 pages long? Thats odd. Do you have any drug history or theft in the past? You can send me a PM if you wanna discuss it further.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg View Post
                              Sorry to hear that man but it probably was due to the distance (what do I know). At least you were not DQ'd from a local department (do you prefer to be hired on somewhere out west versus out east?).

Tucson Police Department

Arizona Highway Patrol

Pima County Sheriffs

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6562 users online. 361 members and 6201 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X