300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Else...

Other than joining officer.com, what are some other organizations, classes or volunteer org's I can join to be more involved that a recruiter might like to see on a resume?

Thanks.

There is probably nothing you can do at this point aside from keeping a job and staying out of bankruptcy and handcuffs. I dont know of any departments that require an officer to belong to anything outside of work. If you dont and they hold that against you that would be a bit hypocritical.

Everything should have been done already. Be careful with advice you get from this forum anyway. Within the AZ threads it has not been too bad, but even then the advice is coming from one agencies particular culture and may conflict with others.

You could do some kind of volunteer work with a PD I suppose. Usually the backgrounds to even do that are so detailed that you may as well just go through the hiring process.

Just do what I said in the 1st paragraph and you will be fine.

Comment

+1, not to mention if you are on a bunch of "officer" type forums, you know they may come check out your posts. Be careful what you say on a public forum.
      LOCKDOWN!

Comment

I wouldn't put being a member to any forum on my resume.

It's a secret organization....Why do you think we have "screen names", don't write our agencies name etc etc..

Me Dx2????? Who???? O.dot what????I don't know what you're talking about.
        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Good advice. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
            I wouldn't put being a member to any forum on my resume.

It's a secret organization....Why do you think we have "screen names", don't write our agencies name etc etc..

Me Dx2????? Who???? O.dot what????I don't know what you're talking about.
            You underestimate the power of the 'IP address'.

On the internet you are NOT annonomous and you are not under any 'right' to privacy. Don't think so? Check your terms of service from your ISP....
            -918-

Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. James 3:18

Clinging to my guns and religion since 1975

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4631 users online. 281 members and 4350 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X