300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Investigation

I have a question.... While waiting for a BI how many times should i call to check on status of my BI. Ive called a couple of times to give updated info and check where it is, but I dont know whether this might look bad. Its killing me to not have an answer....

what department?

Comment

Pinal County S.O.

Comment

I hear great things about one of the BI's over there.
        Last edited by Ritchie; 07-19-2008, 09:23 AM. Reason: here ----> hear

Comment

Originally posted by Ritchie View Post
          I here great things about one of the BI's over there.
          YA...like what?

Comment

I know what you mean! DPS was suppose to start my background last monday bec that was the 6 week mark so i called monday afternoon and left a msg with my recruiter saying just checking in and making sure dps was not waiting on me for anything so if everything is on track please disregard this msg but if different please call me back. I got a call the next day saying MCI (medical) was holding my record for some reason and they finally gave it to dps BUT bec of that delay they are still prepping my background and NOW the soonest i can go to the academy if things work out is nov 10th. I am bummed but just happy i have not recieved a letter in the mail saying SORRY.. So i will wait patiently...
            How long have you been waiting for your background to start?
            Arizona Dept of Corrections
            Navy Reserves-Seabees

Comment

just my opinion...but i would not be calling at all, unless they called and had a follow-up question..im sure you will find out the results one way or another...best of luck to you

Comment

Originally posted by edog View Post
                Pinal County S.O.
                About every two weeks is fine with PCSO. I would not recommend it with most agencies but I have specific knowledge with this one. If nothing else just leave a message checking to make sure they don't need anything additional from you. It will take 4-8 weeks to complete your backround if things go smooth.

Comment

I came from out of State....I called once and that was only because I had sent them information and wasn't sure that they received it otherwise I wouldn't have called at all. Depending on what Dept you're getting hired on with the BI will sometimes take a looong time so just be patient. They'll get back to you. You have to remember that you're not the only one they are working on....they could have hundreds of BI's to do.

Comment

What I've been curious about is how long into the investigation do they start calling employers/references?? I was told that is ofter the longest part of the investigation, so you would think they would do that right away. Yet It has been 2 weeks since my interview/poly and still none of my employers or references have been called. I keep waiting for someone to call me and let me know they got a phone call, and every day it doesn't happen I would at least know things are moving then, it sucks playing this waiting game when you know there is obviously still a long way to go

Comment

2 weeks. Well then you only have about 6 more to go before they get around to checking your references. Remember they are spending money on you so they are going to go about things that are the least expensive and then go from there. You are not getting hired yesterday sublimejhn this whole process takes time. You might not even be on the top of your BI's list, ever think of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cunuck View Post
                        2 weeks. Well then you only have about 6 more to go before they get around to checking your references. Remember they are spending money on you so they are going to go about things that are the least expensive and then go from there. You are not getting hired yesterday sublimejhn this whole process takes time. You might not even be on the top of your BI's list, ever think of that.
                        Well that sounded unnecessarily cocky, but either way 5 minutes after posting this I started getting calls from everyone saying they talked to my BI, she called them all today. She also hopes to be done by the end of the week, so the next step should be coming soon!! Now I just need to finish packing up and selling the house

Comment

Sorry didn't mean to come off cocky or anything. Congrats on getting that part of the process going. I know what it is like to wait.

Good luck with your process.

Comment

Originally posted by Cunuck View Post
                            Sorry didn't mean to come off cocky or anything. Congrats on getting that part of the process going. I know what it is like to wait.

Good luck with your process.
                            Haha, no problem, I'm sure you didn't mean it the way I took it. I know I am a bit impatient right now, I think most of it is because I am still here in Michigan alone and it is getting to be difficult having my wife in AZ. I am getting packed up though and with this news it will be easier to waste all the money we don't have moving down there. My BI said we are looking at the Oct class but wants to get me into the preacademy at like end of August beginning of Sept. So if I will be getting paid at that point I should be ok moving out there pretty soon. Once I am there I think it'll be a little bit easier to be patient, I won't be sitting here by myself thinking all day!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4439 users online. 260 members and 4179 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X