300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALEA Running Shoe Question....HELP URGENT

I was wondering what type of shoe i should get for the academy. Trail Running or just regular running? can anyone give some good insight and maybe recommend a good shoe? thank you....

Regular running shoes.

Sole Sports in Tempe
    http://www.solesportsrunning.com/location-hours.htm

Comment

Runners den.

Comment

another quick question. are camelbacks allowed during the academy?

Comment

Go to Runner's Den on 16th Street between Bethany Home Road and Glendale, by the DQ. Tell them you are going to ALEA, they know what it is and need shoes. They will find some and then have you run in them to make sure...dont get skimpy with cost....this is the place to slurge and get some really good running shoes.
          Well first, life dealt you a bad hand, then you decided to double down.

Comment

The academy regulations allow you to take camelbacks, but it's also up to your class sergeant. Our class sergeant said no to camelbacks. Honestly you're not going to need it. I haven't taken water for any of our runs. The big thing is to make sure that you hydrate the night before.
            "Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 -1965) British Prime Minister.

Comment

up to the sergeant..mine said no water..class ahead of me took enough water for a 5day hike..you will find out that first glorious day of your trail run what you can and can not have..as far as the shoes..go with a trail shoe, but again it depends on the sergeant as to where you wil be running..

Comment

ill just get the trail running shoe, since it seems like a sure thing we WILL be going up a few trails from time to time lol. if i need regular running shoes i got them....thanks

Comment

Originally posted by phxsundevil19 View Post
                  ill just get the trail running shoe, since it seems like a sure thing we WILL be going up a few trails from time to time lol. if i need regular running shoes i got them....thanks
                  The thing is, you won't know if you're going to be running on the streets or the trails. That decision is made by your SGT. at a moments notice. Like the other poster said, go to Runner's Den, that is your best bet, I've even heard class SGT's and RTO's recommend it.
                  "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

get a good nike trail running shoe

Comment

Originally posted by phxsundevil19 View Post
                      I was wondering what type of shoe i should get for the academy. Trail Running or just regular running? can anyone give some good insight and maybe recommend a good shoe? thank you....
                      Not to hijack but congrat's on the job offer, I am certain you will do fine. If you run into anything you have a question about feel free to send me a message. Enjoy the experience.

Comment

Get a sneaker that is a combination of both ... I think I had just a regular old running shoe when I went through and it was fine.

Comment

Mizuno makes a great running shoe, also brooks. You should really make a trip to a store that specializes in running. I went to one when I was in the academy here in Illinois. The took video of my walking/running on a treadmill. They concluded I had over pronation, and picked out shoes to correct it.
                          I tell you what it helps. I increased my running by at least 1 1/2 miles, now up to 6 miles 4 days a week. No pain in the anles, knees or back.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6344 users online. 350 members and 5994 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X