300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pursuit policy

Looking to lateral out of the liberal state of Washington so I can actually take bad guys to jail again. The diverse landscape of Coconino County looks very appealing to my wife and I. I am currently a deputy in WA and would like to be a deputy down in AZ as well. Does anyone know how the pursuit policy of Coconino County is? Or other northern AZ counties? What Sheriff's Departments really back their guys and don't hang them out to dry?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Arizona has "legalized" marijuana, and Coconino county has about twice as many Democrat voters as Republican voters.

I'm not sure where you are in Washington, and I'm not sure why Coconino county is the place you're looking to move to, but it may not be a better environment than where you're at.

Comment

Well in all of Washington, we're basically not allowed to chase a car unless we have PC for a very violent felony. Not reasonable suspicion, PC! I watch stolen vehicles drive away from me after I light them up on a nightly basis. So I'm sure anywhere in AZ would be better than that. If Coconino County is so liberal, is there a better option in northern AZ I should look into?

Comment

I'm not sure why you're looking at Arizona, but Arizona as a whole is purple, not red, and it's getting more blue day by day. It's probably going to be difficult to find a materially better place to do law enforcement in Arizona, especially in and around any major cities.

Comment

I see where you are now. I'm familiar with the area.

I would recommend that you edit your profile to remove your birthday and maybe your employer, for your safety.

Comment

I also see that you're a young guy, obviously not with a lot of time on The Job, which is what I kind of suspected.

Pursuits may be exciting the first couple of times you do them, but to senior guys, it's just a lot of typing. Once you get some more years on, you'll realize that. So moving to a different place so that you can get in more pursuits, probably isn't a great idea. Especially if you're just gonna get hung out to dry in your new place too.

What you need to realize about pursuit policies, is the reason that the General Orders regarding vehicle pursuits are written the way they are. They are not written to represent best policies, nor do they have anything to do with drawing a line between right and wrong. Those policies are written solely to prevent liability from climbing the chain of command, to protect the brass. That way, no matter what you do, if something goes wrong during a pursuit, they will always be able to burn you to save themselves. Vehicle pursuits are kinda like tap-dancing on a land mine.

I support your desire to get out of that $hit-hole, but I don't want to see you jump from the frying pan into...another frying pan.

Comment

Just last week or so, there was an officer that ran through a red light while pursuing, hit a car and killed two young people, I forget the Dept, but he was charged,……..

The other extreme side is being fully stopped at a light in a marked unit, and having a group of 10+ dirt bikes or ATVs, or wheelie past you, knowing full well that you won’t / can’t do anything.

They continue to get bolder and bolder, pushing the limit, to see how far they can go.

Comment

• Aidokea
                Aidokea commented
                Editing a comment
                STOLEN dirt bikes and ATVs...

Should be looking at pension plans and health benefits.. just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by NolaT View Post
                They continue to get bolder and bolder, pushing the limit, to see how far they can go.
                The "thug life" is inevitably followed by the thug death.

Comment

• midwestcop88
                  midwestcop88 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  These policies that let law violators get away with more lead to more crime and more officers being assaulted.

Many depts post their Policies on their website. You just need to do your research. Finding places that support companies like Street Cop Training could be a good indicator as well. Well known red states like wyoming would be a safe bet. I know Arkansas is very pro-LE too and among other red states. Stay out of states the make it on the news like Virginia, New York, Illinois, California, Oregon, Washington D.C., and Washington State of course etc. Still no RS stops allowed in WA?

I agree with you. I would rather have the ability to pursue at let the dept 's supervisors or cops decide to continue the pursuit or not depending on the circumstances rather than a blanket no pursuit for most situations.

But at the end of the day the old dogs are right a job is a job and you need to take care of yourself and pick a place with a good pension and medical.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4073 users online. 218 members and 3855 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X