• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix PD pay raise

PHOENIX PD IS NOW THE HIGHEST PAID IN AZ

​RECRUIT STARTING SALARY: $33.01HR/$68,661

​OFFICER MAX SALARY: $50.74HR/$105,539

Is this significantly higher than other cities? Obviously it’s just salary and not total compensation but that isn’t far off California wages. Pretty impressive.

I guess that depends where in CA. The city I live in now pays over $125K for trainees in the academy and tops over $185K for officers and it's still not enough.

My moto related job I do for fun on the side pays $30/hr.

Comment

Originally posted by 9L81 View Post
      I guess that depends where in CA. The city I live in now pays over $125K for trainees in the academy and tops over $185K for officers and it's still not enough.

Sounds like northern CA

Comment

What job is that?

Comment

I’m at $65/hr teaching at the academy.

Comment

• Aidokea
            Aidokea commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you teach Gerbil Voodoo?

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

I’m at $65/hr teaching at the academy.
          I get almost that, sitting in my pool drinking beer.

Comment

Originally posted by b1ub0x View Post

Sounds like northern CA
            Yes Bay Area. That's where you go if you want to make a lot of money and pay most of it back out to survive and pay your taxes. But the retirement is decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

What job is that?
              Teaching CMSP riding courses.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

I get almost that, sitting in my pool drinking beer.
                Mine is on top of my retirement…

Comment

• Aidokea
                  Aidokea commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ya got me there, brother.

I guess I just don't need the money that bad...

Teaching CMSP riding courses.
                Is that like the MSF BRC class? You teach counter-steering, SIPDE-like stuff, and so on?

Sounds like a noble thing for you to do. I respect that. God bless you.

I love motorcycling. My background includes being an expert-licensed motorcycle road racer, motorcycle road racing instructor, motorcycle road racing official, yada, yada. I've been paid at the rate of $1,000 an hour as a rider and model for the advertising campaign of one of the largest motorcycle manufacturers in the world. I've ridden the Snaefel Mountain Course on the Isle of Man during the TT at triple-digit speeds on a big-bore Ducati. We toured the MV Agusta factory, located on the shores of Lake Varese in northern Italy, before I purchased my new F3 800 in the proper Ago red over silver livery. The F3 was the last motorcycle designed by the late Massimo Tamburini, "the Michelangelo of motorcycles". Like I said, I love motorcycling.

Comment

• 9L81
                  9L81 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It used to be MSF before I was an instructor. It's been Total Control for maybe 5 years now. I took MSF when I started about 20 years ago. Very similar in a lot of ways. CMSP is Ca Motorcycle Safety Program. CHP's baby. Total Control has the contract to run the program.

• Aidokea
                  Aidokea commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is such an awesome thing you do. Think of all the lives you save, and all the typing that officers don't have to do, because of the investment you choose to make in developing the riding skills of others. God bless you, brother.

• 9L81
                  9L81 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hope I'm saving lives. Hasn't happened yet and I hope it doesn't but I'm not looking forward to ever hearing about one of my students dying on a moto. It helps keep me more connected to the riding community. When I was in the military I spent a lot of time on my bike with like minded people. I had a few military friends and then all my riding friends. As I have aged it has been tougher to put that kinda time in.

Yes Bay Area. That's where you go if you want to make a lot of money and pay most of it back out to survive and pay your taxes. But the retirement is decent.
                Yup.

And a lot of stuff, like a new Porsche, costs the same whether you're making $250K or $50K.

Plus, guys like us can go spend our retirement pension someplace else, where our retirement dollars go much further. It's not really possible to do it the other way around.

Are you on BARF?

Comment

• 9L81
                  9L81 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I checked it out sometimes especially when I first moved to the bay area.

• Aidokea
                  Aidokea commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I had friends on BARF years ago, but I think they've all moved away. Gonna be seeing one of them at a social gathering in Dallas in two weeks.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4103 users online. 245 members and 3858 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X