Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commute

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Commute

    I was wondering how far do some LEOs travel to go to work? Reason why I ask, I am moving down to Queen Creek and wanting to apply for Phoenix PD. I'm curious if anyone is in this situation now and how long it takes them to get to and from work. I am keeping in mind that traffic plays a major role on the commute.

    Thanks in advance.

  • #2
    Make sure your still in maricopa county its a Phoenix PD requirement and alot of queen creek is in pinal county.

    I drive 45 min to work i live in far west valley though.

    Comment


    • #3
      I live in QC and it takes me about 35-40 min to reach HQ. Academy I would say about 45-60 minutes. All depends which precinct you work out of and if your shift starts/ends in off peak traffic hours.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Reconaz View Post
        I was wondering how far do some LEOs travel to go to work? Reason why I ask, I am moving down to Queen Creek and wanting to apply for Phoenix PD. I'm curious if anyone is in this situation now and how long it takes them to get to and from work. I am keeping in mind that traffic plays a major role on the commute.

        Thanks in advance.
        Queen Creek is a longgg commute to Phoenix unless you are planning to work in the South Mountain precinct

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by OverCharged View Post
          Make sure your still in maricopa county its a Phoenix PD requirement and alot of queen creek is in pinal county.

          I drive 45 min to work i live in far west valley though.
          Just wondering what the max is.

          I measured it from this place i call home down to Human Resources (garage to parking lot) and it measured a little over 23 miles.

          Am I good to go?

          Comment


          • #6
            Thank you everyone for the info. 30-45 mins is doable for me.

            I have another question. I heard a rumor that Queen Creek will have their own PD in 2 years. Is anyone able to confirm?

            OverCharged,

            Actually I will be within Maricopa County, but just by one block. I good thing I decided on this house and not our second choice.

            Comment


            • #7
              my commute is 25 mi

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ritchie View Post
                Just wondering what the max is.

                I measured it from this place i call home down to Human Resources (garage to parking lot) and it measured a little over 23 miles.

                Am I good to go?
                Distance dont matter aslong as you live in the boundaries of Maricopa County.

                Comment


                • #9
                  My commute is about 10 - 15 seconds.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You've got me beat, my commute is about 38 seconds!!!
                    "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

                    Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Desert DPS View Post
                      My commute is about 10 - 15 seconds.
                      oh I forgot. 10-8 from the driveway.

                      so let me pose the question a different way.

                      I would like to be with metro central units.
                      How far is the max i could live to be allowed to work for metro central?

                      Or will I be made to work with metro west since I am closer to them?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I have a buddy that worked metro east and lived in the city of Surprise.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I know some tinkering has been done with this recently but when I hired on it was 30 miles away. You wouldn't be "on duty" until you were in your area although you may respond to something outside of your area if it was a priority call.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Desert DPS View Post
                            I know some tinkering has been done with this recently but when I hired on it was 30 miles away. You wouldn't be "on duty" until you were in your area although you may respond to something outside of your area if it was a priority call.
                            Yep, in Phoenix, you have to live within 30 air miles of The Phoenix 103.
                            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by AZLawDawg View Post
                              Yep, in Phoenix, you have to live within 30 air miles of The Phoenix 103.
                              what is the Phoenix 103?

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3734 users online. 139 members and 3595 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X