300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPS scheduling

Hey what is the scheduling like for DPS? 3mo days then 3mo nights? Any info on how they schedule would be appreciated!

Some of the outer-lying areas rotate, as well as a few squads in Yuma ( I've heard ). Other places, your schedule is set in stone ( barring training and court ). Most squads in my area work 4/10's. Alot of remote duty squads ( Ajo, Kayenta ) work 5/8's.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

so you could potentially be on nights your whole career? Why doesn't every else do rotating shifts so that everyone has equal amount of time doing nights and days? I mean I would like working nights but I also like to get a little change every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by CragCrawler View Post
        so you could potentially be on nights your whole career? Why doesn't every else do rotating shifts so that everyone has equal amount of time doing nights and days? I mean I would like working nights but I also like to get a little change every now and then.
        while you might start off on a grave yard shift in a metro area, you are free to transfer to other shifts/squads if they have openings ( after your probationary period is up ). For what it's worth, many outer lying/remote duty areas do not have a graveyard shift, they've got days and swing shifts only. If something happens late at night, they call out officers from home to take care of it. Call-outs are hit and miss, some guys get called out a lot, some guys haven't been called out in months.
        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

We are on the squad system here.

Every 2 months we'll rotate between days, nights and relief. We work five 8 hours shifts. Nights are on call until 0300 and then days gets them.

Comment

Ok great! Another question, How does your days off work. Is there a rotation? for instance, One month you have mon & tue off the next month you have wed & thur off?

Comment

On days we get Sat. and Sun. off. Nights we get Mon. and Tue. off. Relief we get Weds. and Thur. off. Every six months or so we get a five day weekend when we switch over.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert DPS View Post
                On days we get Sat. and Sun. off. Nights we get Mon. and Tue. off. Relief we get Weds. and Thur. off. Every six months or so we get a five day weekend when we switch over.
                Could you explain relief. Is that the shift that is between days and Graveyard?

Comment

Relief is where we work two days and two nights. The fifth day we actually overlap the normal day shift so we are able to do our reports, meetings and whatnot without sacrificing coverage.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5121 users online. 286 members and 4835 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X