300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPS and lasik

I could have sworn this question was asked before, however when I went looking for the thread I could not find it.
    Does DPS accept candidates who have had the Lasik procedure done to correct vision?
    My vision is currently well outside of the limits of what is acceptable, and I've laid plans to have the procedure done in order to pass the vision requirements.
    Before spending a couple of grand that I really can't afford simply for the sake of improved vision itself, I realized that I should be certain that this will enable me to proceed with the hiring process.

-John

I do not work for DPS. I just have aspirations of it.

I believe they are AZ Post Standards.

20/200 or better uncorrected.

20/20 corrected.

I was blinder than 20/200 , so I had it done.

I am now 20/20 on the left 20/25 on the right (continuously improving daily)

My lasik is on a payment plan. 230 a month

Comment

That's very good to hear, thank you for your reply.
      Did you experience any negative effects from your Lasik treatment?
      I admit after reading the FDA warnings on Lasik I'm a tad nervous about the procedure.

-John

Comment

temporary.

At certain angles, with the sun behind my wifes head. I could not see her face.

But that has passed. I still have a little haziness when it comes to light, but it is getting better everyday.

Actually my right is a little better than 20/25. I could see a couple letters on the 20/20 line.

I really did not pay the money with goals of getting perfect vision. I paid the money with goals of no longer being blind. 20/200 is legally blind. My only goal was to be able to pass the eye exam when the time comes.

Comment

LASIK was the best thing I’ve ever done for myself. I am a mother of a 3 year old and a 1 year old and that means a lot of waking up in the middle of the night. This translated to sleeping in my contacts so that I could see what I was doing when I had to check on my kids; after 20 years, it was starting to take a toll on the health of my eyes. Dr. Wiles is so informative and has such a calm demeanor; he put me at ease even though I was nervous about the procedure. He went through all of the steps involved in the treatment so that I knew exactly what to expect. I appreciate everything he has done to make my vision what it is today. I can now see 20/20 with no help."

Comment

Originally posted by Red John View Post
            I could have sworn this question was asked before, however when I went looking for the thread I could not find it.
            Does DPS accept candidates who have had the Lasik procedure done to correct vision?
            -John
            In short, yes.
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

I had EPI-LASIK (also called PRK) which is somewhat better for 'contact' jobs, and I got hired no problems.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3935 users online. 243 members and 3692 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X