300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dps Pay

Is there any talk about raising DPS pay up to par with the rest of the valley?is the current pay scale correct? i dont know how they will compete with the new pay raise phoenix got. in my opinion DPS should start at about $46k and top out at $66k if they want to be the premier LE agency in the state. also if im not mistaken, DPS officers pay into Social Security while Phoenix PD officers do not? the social security is a waste of 6.5% of your salary, resulting in less take home pay with no benefit...

DPS=Premier LE agency?

I have nothing against DPS, but last time I checked DPS send their recruits to ALEA along with everybody else.

Comment

Not only that, but all DPS does it traffic too. Not much on the criminal aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by tolleson187 View Post
        Not only that, but all DPS does it traffic too. Not much on the criminal aspect.
        mmmm...Thats all I really want to do!! Don't get me wrong, I think the city and county do a REALLY good job. And they are great people. I am not sure that I like going from noise complaint, to DV, to noise complaint...etc ( I realize it's more than that but on all the rides I go on, 160+ hours, it seems they get a lot of those!)

Comment

Are you serious? We have guys who can sniff out a dope load or stolen vehicles with the best of them. Granted, we do traffic stops galore, but you have to make traffic stops to get to the good stuff. If you are interested in criminal interdiction and investigation, DPS is the place to be. You are what you make of this job. Sure, we have to do our share of collisions and our guys in the city may not get the big 1000 lb. loads the remote duty guys do but they get plenty of action too. Do your time on the road and go into being a undercover guy or a vehicle theft interdiction guy or just about anything else you want. When you are with DPS you can go as far as you want too.

Comment

yep, and warrant arrests, and excecute high risk search warrants, and counter-terrorism, and the State Gang Task Force, and VCU, and VTI and HIDTA, Governor's Security, a Statewide SWAT team and... yep, we're all traffic over here!
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by AZLawDawg View Post
              yep, and warrant arrests, and excecute high risk search warrants, and counter-terrorism, and the State Gang Task Force, and VCU, and VTI and HIDTA, Governor's Security, a Statewide SWAT team and... yep, we're all traffic over here!
              Haha. Well said.

Good seeing you today. Its been a while, I noticed you finally got your car back.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by a320az View Post
                Haha. Well said.

Good seeing you today. Its been a while, I noticed you finally got your car back.
                let me tell you, it was eternity waiting for it, and the whole screwed up thing about it was, I wasn't even moving when I got hit. I was at 0 mph, clearing an intersection, when the bad guy rams a civilian car into me.
                The Commander said it himself, "You were at the wrong place at the wrong time". It's good to have it back though, the old gal still has kick!
                "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

My post was of no dis-respect. Yes DPS does have a good investigation team and speacial task force.....but its the patrol part that is all traffic. Once you do your few years there, great. I just know it was frustrating getting a call from a DPS officer on scene of I-10 saying he has a drive by shooting or mobile dv and to call local pd.

But again, don't get me wrong, DPS has some great guys and working K9, were able to help me get some good finds.

Comment

anybody have anything to say about the pay? lol

Comment

Originally posted by phxsundevil19 View Post
                      anybody have anything to say about the pay? lol
                      http://www.azdps.gov/hr/employment/officer.asp

Comment

Base pay
                        + 10-8 from my driveway
                        + Take home car
                        + Having the best looking uniforms (in my opinion)
                        + Sig
                        + Rem 870
                        + M-4
                        =========
                        It all equals to everybody else's pay in my opinion.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the pay will increase for us again here pretty soon.

Comment

Yep, July 1, 2007.

Comment

Whats it going to?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6098 users online. 315 members and 5783 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X