300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Az Post

I am an out of state officer looking at relocating to AZ. Can someone tell me the process to become AZ Certified? I have tried to call AZ POST but have been unsuccessful at reaching someone.

Thanks,
    TC
    Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sydney J. Harris

First, you need to get hire by an LE agency (Mesa PD, Phoenix PD, Tempe PD, DPS, MCSO, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by geek4life View Post
      First, you need to get hire by an LE agency (Mesa PD, Phoenix PD, Tempe PD, DPS, MCSO, etc.)
      good one ...Here is something a little more useful. Go to this site http://www.azpost.state.az.us/ and look down the left hand side. you will see a link titled "Certification Process and Apply for a Waiver". Once you click that link you can look through their requirements. If you click the link "AZ POST Waiver Process" in the document, you will find more info on how to waive the process. This is assuming that you are a certified police officer.

Good Luck!

Comment

There are a couple of ways. First, you can get hired by a police agency and attend the academy or take a waiver test. If you fail the test, you have to take the academy. Or you can go to a community college, such as Glendale CC and take their reserve academy and get certified that way. So there are a couple of different ways. It would all depend on the agency you work for and their academy preference. If you pass the waiver test, then you get certified as well. Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply people.

CragCrawler-Thanks for the web site I will look into it. Also yes, as far as being certified. (8 years).

tolleson187- Are you an active K-9 handler? I would love to get another dog at some point. I really enjoyed being a handler. Hard work but worth every second!!

TC
          Last edited by tcode3; 06-13-2007, 08:09 AM.
          Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I am, I use to work in Tolleson, but got tired of the heat and moved up to Oregon where I took a K9 posistion. Good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4465 users online. 233 members and 4232 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X