300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IACP testing

We have re-vamped our promotional testing process from an assessment center type to another form. The agency is going with a written and some other requirements.

The written testing is being purchased from IACP and it apparently comes sealed, opened on the day of testing and then mailed back to IACP for grading. The kicker is that there are 5 books from which the IACP written testing is derived.

They are:
    Criminal Investigation 8th or 9th edition
    Supervision of police personnel
    Police Field Operations 6th or 7th edition
    Local government police management 4th ed.
    Contemporary topics in legal procedure

No one seems to know what to study or how the testing is based and we only have two months to study all five of these books, some being over 700 pages long with most being about 350-500 pages. Pretty vague as to what is going to happen if the testing is based on words from each of these books.

Has anyone taken a recent sergeant promotional test using the IACP written testing model? And if so, could you give me an idea of where they base the questions. Are they derived from the objectives at the beginings of chapters, summaries at the end, or just random sentences throught the text of the chapters. I could use all the help I can get if anyone knows!

Thanks!
    Anarchism is a game at which the police can beat you. G B Shaw

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3073 users online. 162 members and 2911 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X