Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Laws do you really need to know?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Laws do you really need to know?

Title is pretty self explanitory, how many laws do you need to know in the performance of your normal duties? Do you have to memorize every law or do you have a normal set that you know and anything else you turn to a reference?

Just asking because there is a lot of laws and it will be very hard to remember

You'll have a basic set of laws that you'll know because you use them often. All others you can reference in your law books.

Comment

^^ Exactly. You'll learn the popular stuff you write all the time in Title 28 (traffic), Title 13 (criminal) and Title 4 (liquor) plus your city codes. Like someone once told me, you may not know the exact code, but you'll recognize a crime when you see it.
      d

Comment

What these guys said.

If you plan on being a city cop, know your city codes, title 13 and title 4 stuff. Have a general understanding of title 28. If you want to become a motor officer, learn title 28 to the best of your ability.

If you are planning on getting on with DPS, it's all about title 28. Have a good understanding of title 13 and title 4 too but you won't deal with a lot of stuff the city/county guys do.

When you are out on the road everyday this stuff will become secondary. I hardly ever use my ARS book anymore except on occasion. I NEVER leave home without it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Blatant View Post
          ^^ Exactly. You'll learn the popular stuff you write all the time in Title 28 (traffic), Title 13 (criminal) and Title 4 (liquor) plus your city codes. Like someone once told me, you may not know the exact code, but you'll recognize a crime when you see it.
          d
          Thats kinda what I figured. Thank you guys for the heads up. I will have to look up Title 13 just for $hits and giggles

Comment

You will take tests on the aforementioned ARS titles while in the academy. If you decide you want to get on with DPS you will have an additional couple of days going over title 28 more extensively in the post-academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5541 users online. 341 members and 5200 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X