Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone give me some info on the Phnx Written?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone give me some info on the Phnx Written?

I plan on coming back out to AZ and testing for Phnx.I just recently tested for Glendale and got a 69.Talk about disappointed,i'm still disgusted with myself but what are you going to do, except to keep tryin.I found the Glendale written rather difficult and different then most written i've taken.The recruiter admitted that it is a little different then most and that alot of people struggle,which i'm still tryin to figure out if that suppose to make me feel better. Anyways i have a friend that took Phoenix and said it was pretty basic and that he scored better then he thought.I'm a little undeceided whther to retry with Glendale or go for Phnx.Written test have always been a burden to me so i'm just tryin to figure out how the written is...Any advice and info would me great,if you can give details that would be great,just send me a private message......
    Last edited by copbound; 06-08-2007, 06:43 PM. Reason: add

4 Sections. First section, you look at a picture for 2 minutes, then answer questions about it (what was in the picture, etc). It's all about memory.

Parts 2 and 3 have to do with grammar and reading comprehension.

Part 4 asks you questions about yourself (no wrong or right answers, but certain answers are worth more based upon what successful individuals usually answer).

I just took it, got an 81. I know I answered 100% correct on the academic (grammar/reading) parts.

Comment

Test is a piece of cake, you have nothing to worry about. Phoenix PD does not establish a rank list based on scoring. So if you pass everything your in. Don't sweat it.

Comment

any math???Basic or more in depth?

Comment

There is no math on PHX test, everywhere else I tested has math though, MCSO and DPS.

Comment

Two more questions guys,Is there any vocabulary words,spelling?Any when you took the PAT did you do the sit-ups 1st or do they switch it up,thanks again..

Comment

I am sure there is some type of vocab onit, but I can't remember any details. When you do the physical agility there isn't any standard what you do first, just depends what group your in, there is no way to say for sure what you'll first.

Comment

Originally posted by copbound View Post
                Two more questions guys,Is there any vocabulary words,spelling?Any when you took the PAT did you do the sit-ups 1st or do they switch it up,thanks again..
                No spelling, per se, but in the grammar section, you'll read some sentences that use the incorrect form of the word ("two" instead of "too," etc.), and have to mark it as incorrect.

No vocabulary.

Seriously, it isn't rocket science. There's an essay writing test later in the testing process, which I think is more difficult.

When I took the PAT about 2 years ago.... let me think... I don't remember if I did push-ups or sit-ups first, but after those we did the wall climb. The run was last.

Comment

you have to write two essays and take the Denny&Nelson test after your oral board interview.

Relax, it's not very difficult.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5712 users online. 331 members and 5381 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X