300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlota

anyone have any info on this academy? Living accomodations, how it compares to other academies in the state, specifically ALEA, and SALETC?? I start this Sun. and was looking for any info you all may have.

Cheers

I went there a couple years ago, so my info may be dated. Accomodations are three to a room with a sink/mirror in each room. Two rooms share a toilet/shower room. When I was there, CARLOTA had a reputation for being harder academically than SALETC or ALEA because we were actually part of a college campus. However, I heard SALETC and ALEA were tougher physically. The director at the time said he could see no point in running us for five to ten miles because on the street if we didn't catch a runner in 50 yards, we'd better call the cavalry. The farthest we ran was 2.67 miles, which we ran three times a week from about half way thru the academy til the end. I've heard the leadership has now changed hands, however, and the physical fitness is being emphasized now.

A nice benefit to being on a college campus was the pleasant scenery
    He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
    -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    -- Hemingway

Comment

I went through SALETC and I've heard that they have the highest % of graduated officers that actually make it through their respective agencies FTO programs. That could be biased though

Comment

Originally posted by rugermk2 View Post
        I went there a couple years ago, so my info may be dated. Accomodations are three to a room with a sink/mirror in each room. Two rooms share a toilet/shower room. When I was there, CARLOTA had a reputation for being harder academically than SALETC or ALEA because we were actually part of a college campus. However, I heard SALETC and ALEA were tougher physically. The director at the time said he could see no point in running us for five to ten miles because on the street if we didn't catch a runner in 50 yards, we'd better call the cavalry. The farthest we ran was 2.67 miles, which we ran three times a week from about half way thru the academy til the end. I've heard the leadership has now changed hands, however, and the physical fitness is being emphasized now.

A nice benefit to being on a college campus was the pleasant scenery
        I'll be looking foward to the scenery! I went through the USBP academy in 96, right out of the Marine Corps and it was a tough, now i'm 32 so 2.67 miles sounds great to me. I guess I'll find out soon enough. How are the facilities overall? Range, classrooms? do you pt outside in the summer or in a gym? Thanks!!

Comment

It has changed a bit. You can look forward to 5+ miles for running after you get settled into a routine. I still don't think they are are demanding as ALEA but they are doing a decent impersonation at this point.

You will PT in and out depending on what you are doing.

Comment

Classroom facilities are great cause you're at college and they have 24 hour access to computer labs for e-mail, etc.

PT is in and outdoor. Range is about 20 miles away. It is nothing special, but it works.
            He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
            -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
            -- Hemingway

Comment

My friend just started there as well on Sunday... he said that it is tough so far and they are only 2 days in. I am testing with them on the 22nd and hope to make the August 12th start. *crosses fingers*

Comment

This is NOT your father's CARLOTA....

The "laid back, college" atmosphere of CARLOTA in the past is gone. It's tough, it's disciplined, and it's a hell of a good program, or at least the first week has been....
                1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

Its still no ALEA or SALETC!

But who cares, its all the same in the end.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3691 users online. 191 members and 3500 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X