300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of State Lateral Hiring Question

Hey what’s going on everyone, I have a few questions for some cops out in Arizona. Long story short, I am trying to leave Illinois after the biggest anti-police/pro criminal legislation bill the state has ever seen passed. The bill is going to cripple law enforcement in this Illinois and it’s the time to get out now. I’ve only applied to Scottsdale PD so far as an out of state/lateral/waiver and I applied two days ago. I have family out in Arizona, I went to school in Arizona so I am familiar with it. I am unfamiliar with the process for applying to a PD as a lateral/waiver since I’ve only applied entry level. If any current LEOs can PM me if you know any information or if your agency is hiring and the process please reach out.

thanks and be safe.

Most agencies in Arizona are hiring. Please got to AZPOST | Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board for the lateral process, once you get the thumbs up, you can begin the hiring process. AZ is lateral friendly for the most part and thankfully pro-LE.
    Well first, life dealt you a bad hand, then you decided to double down.

Comment

My union is ICOPS, and yes HB 3653 has me looking to move outside of Illinois too. I'm sure the reportedly 2 senators must have had a impassioned debate at 3:45 AM before it passed in their chamber and then of course the House passed it. Typical Illinois politics. With the pension debt liability in this state I was considering moving earlier but this is the final nail in the coffin. Good luck in Arizona. They pay well around the Phoenix metro area and I know Phoenix has been hiring quite a bit lately and most departments seem to be out-of-state lateral friendly. I'm looking at Wyoming (Cheyenne and Laramie) and Tennessee. I was looking to retire in either state anyay and I suppose at least I'll get to know the locals better...or for worse. Good luck!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4743 users online. 320 members and 4423 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X