300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions Needed

Ok, here is my dilemna.........I have been told by Mesa PD that I am in a pool of about a dozen that is used to fill academy slots. The July academy is full so I am told. My 1 year eligibility ends on November 13th and the next academy for Mesa is January. Also, per my BI, "this is a good place to be"...........SSSSOOOOOOOO, I have no conditional offer as of yet. With that mouthfull said, do I go ahead and start the process with another agency (Phoenix), or just hold my ground and let the process take it's place. Also, if there are any Mesa folks in here, what are the chances of a conditional being offered on the January academy prior to my November 13th mark. Yes, I have been working on getting in with Mesa for 6.5 months so far. Let em rip folks.........any and ALL ideas, opinions, thoughts, suggestions, and any other words I have yet to come up with, would be GREATLY appreciated.

I would say go ahead and start the application process with other agencies. Just don't wait on one agency.

Comment

I would say, Heck yeah apply for other agencies and dont hold your breath for Mesa. If they want you they would still process and hire you. They would then put you on payroll have you work around the station til the academy starts. So my opinion is they are giving a line of crap so dont wait for them. Move on the another better agency.

Comment

You are a obviously qualified police recruit eligible for hire, if Mesa won't give you a COE and an Academy slot then you have every right to pursue other agency slots. Given the Valley's hiring situation I would imagine that you would be scooped up rather fast. It might even "motivate" Mesa to hire you. My Department will put recruits and laterals on payroll with admin jobs until their training slots become available. Also, Mesa is in a terrible financial situation and officers are literally fleeing the scene and taking lateral positions everywhere. Good Luck and start looking at other departments.
        Well first, life dealt you a bad hand, then you decided to double down.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2928 users online. 138 members and 2790 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X