300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a question...

a friend of mine recently got back from a trip to see family in your great state, he tells me had had a good time and that he cant wait to go back, then he pulls out this piece of green carbon paper and he asks me what i think... i work for Chicago so give it the once over and try my best to explain it, but after reading it and listening to the story as to how he got it i had to laugh...

the warning ticket from the deprartment of public safety says that he was pulled over for going 75 in a 75... and no thats not a typo, my friend related to me that during his conversation with the officer the officer asked him why he was going 75, my friend replied that it was the limit, the officer then explained that he was going to have to issue the warning. i guess my question is is it common practice to pull people for going the speed limit??
    In God we trust... All others check NCIC...

Shop smart... Shop "S" mart!

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

The officer was actually doing your friend a favor, he probably forgot to put a + sign next to your friend's actual speed. If I stop someone doing a bit over a 75 in a 75mph zone, I'll put a 75+ in the approximate speed box, just to let you know, "you were going a bit too fast, but you weren't driving like a bat out of hell, take it easy next time - the next cop to stop you may not be as cool as me..."
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

interesting... could you define a "bit"? i am not trying to sound like a smart *** but in the mid-west, and especially chicago if you tried to pull everyone over that was going less than 10 over the limit you would get hammered by your sgt because all you would be doing is traffic.

my limit is 15 and they call me the traffic nazi... and i work the traffic car

Comment

Originally posted by PROBY View Post
        interesting... could you define a "bit"? i am not trying to sound like a smart *** but in the mid-west, and especially chicago if you tried to pull everyone over that was going less than 10 over the limit you would get hammered by your sgt because all you would be doing is traffic.

my limit is 15 and they call me the traffic nazi... and i work the traffic car
        I normally let anything under 15 over go, but in a 75 mph zone, with anything over 85 mph being Criminal Speed, I stop everyone doing 85 and above. Most times it's people doing 86-88, who have no clue that anything over 85 is criminal, they get a quick education and a warning, those that have to do the whole "what in the hell did you stop me for??" routine, or are going way above 90 = citation time.
        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

i see, that makes sense... the highest limit we have out here is 65 and it takes 40 over to make it criminal... thanks for the input

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4575 users online. 254 members and 4321 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X